2008 2.0 Connecting an MP3 Player to an I-pod Lead - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'm wanting to connect an MP3 player, with a USB connector, to the stereo system on my Hyundai Coupe.
The car has a flying lead in the centre console for plugging into an iPod. Can I get an adaptor to connect up with my MP3 instead? If so what is it called.
2008 2.0 Connecting an MP3 Player to an I-pod Lead - mfarrow
What MP3 player is it? Has it not got a standard headphone socket?
The car has a flying lead in the centre console for plugging into an iPod.

As in Apple? Sounds very manufacturer-specific - I wouldn't have thought many owners would like that.
2008 2.0 Connecting an MP3 Player to an I-pod Lead - Altea Ego
plug your headphone socket to the fly lead.
Is there an adaptor available to convert ipod flying lead to a headphone socket?
2008 2.0 Connecting an MP3 Player to an I-pod Lead - daveyjp
Depending on your MP3 player you may need to ensure you are outputting via a line out and not headphones.

My Sony MP3 player does this via the headphone socket, but you have to change an option on the set up, the Ipod line out is via the docking port and not the headphone socket.

Is the ipod flying lead an ipod docking station jack and not a 3.5mm jack? If so you can buy adapters - try e-bay.
Yes, the flying lead,a flat connector, is intended to plug into an ipod.
I have an HMV MP3 player.
One end of the lead /adaptor will thus need to be a female adaptor ipod docking socket and the other end a female USB or a male 3.5mm jack, to connect to the MP3 player.

Tried to find via Google without luck. Any ideas exactly what I should be searching for?