Which small car for £3,000 ? - dimdip
If you had three grand to spend on a super-mini, or perhaps the next size up, what would you be looking at? A female friend is asking me and I haven't got a clue what to suggest. She'd like a good compromise between sportiness and economy, and occasional need to carry four people. Thanks for any suggestions.
Which small car for £3,000 ? - loskie
we just sold our 1.9 tdi polo sport 52 plate 2003(Jan) 63500m and full MOT for exactly £3k privately. I'd say outside condition was average inside excellent. I wasn't being greedy but wanted a fair price(what i would pay) and was happy to get it sold.
Which small car for £3,000 ? - Mapmaker
WOW!!! 3k for a 6 year old shopping trolley.
Which small car for £3,000 ? - loskie
Dealers were asking well upwards of £4.5k. I didn't want to be greedy cos I wanted to sell it and thought £3k was fair. The purchaser seemed happy too. and the ad was a free website to boot. The independant garage that does our servicing was going to ask £3.5 for it if he sold it on our behalf..
Which small car for £3,000 ? - Mapmaker
I only say it because 3k (or a tiny smidgen more) will buy you a 3 year old proper size (!) proper (!) car.

I fully appreciate that it is horses for courses, and that not everybody wants to buy a bigger car, but... what a topsy turvy world we live in.
Which small car for £3,000 ? - Alanovich
Seat Ibiza 1.2. Quite sporty feeling and very, very economical. Group 2 insurance too. Will seat 4 comfortably. I have had a few of them (one of them for 4 years), and recommend them from personal experience. Most of them had aircon as standard too, from the launch of the Mark 3 in (I think) 2002.
Which small car for £3,000 ? - dnc1781
Autotrader (national search) up to £3k have:
under 5 years and 40k miles

29 x Fiat Panda
eg 0454 13k £2795

13 x Hyundai Getz
eg 0404 16k £2990

12 x Kia Picanto
eg 0505 14k £2995
Which small car for £3,000 ? - dimdip
TVM for the recommendations