98 2.0 - over revving - marley
got a problem with the galaxy, when on idle the revs go up to 4000rpm and obviously the economy is well down and its very annoying and i don`t want it to do any damage to the engine. some one (in the pub) said it could be some dirt on a sensor but i`m doubtful (we were in the pub!) any advice or things i can check before i head off to the garage? also the electric window on the drivers side has stopped working and the fuses are all fine. Cheers!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/02/2009 at 00:09

98 1.6 over revving - marley
i know its a 2litre but got you interested! cheers

{corrected}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/02/2009 at 00:10

98 2.0 - over revving - k9dan
Check under the front passenger seat, there is a storage cubby below the floor, (move seat as forward as it will go on the runners, open rear pasenger door and look for flap at rear of front seat)there is a central locking ECU which sometimes gets wet, which does strange things to car, on mine it unlocked all the doors and opened all the windows during the night. check to see if it's sitting in a puddle of water. If no ECU then you are OK, the later models were moved, if in a puddle, head for breakers yard, or £165 from Ford, PS sort the leak before putting in new one.
98 2.0 - over revving - bikerider
It might be worth checking that you have'nt got an air leak on the induction system some where.Check the c/case breather hoses servo vacuum pipe if one of those is leaking it could well be the source of your problem.