03 1.9 intermitent fault ASB & ESP lights and engi - xaghra
I have a VW Passat TDi 1.9- on two occasions the ASB & ESP lights have come on .
On the first occasion I went to turn the engine on,and engine would not start-did this twice same result,then waited 10 minutes,turned ignition on engine started and no problem until 3 days later when I drew up to a set of traffic lights which were on red-when lights showed green,went to move off when both lights came on and engine cut out( in the middle lane of the A19 scary) fortunately a young man pused me onto the grassed area where I waited for 15 minutes-turned ignition on and again engine started and home I went.
Rang the local VW dealed and booked car in for dianostic test for pm Monday- test done but showed no fault. Advised my Service Manger to leave car for further testing. On Tuesday Manager rang to say that could not find fault,requested pick up car.
Obtained keys,turned on ignition and fault occured-showed to manager who said that he would retain car for further testing. On Wed manager rang to say that fault had not occured again even after a number of road tests.
Visited dealer advised of tests done ECU (management system)perfect, electrics OK,leads, sensors. Advised if fault occured again to bring car in,also asked if I had recovery which I do,also have a 2 year warranty by Olympic Warranties Ltd .

HELP PLEASE.
michael.jones2004@blueyonder.co.uk
03 1.9 intermitent fault ASB & ESP lights and engi - adverse camber
With a VW it is easy and cheap to get dealer level diagnostics. VAG-COM is almost like having the dealer kit.

If teh lights come on there should be a fault code. If no fault code then possibly electrical power failure to the ECU.

Where abouts are you - the A19 is a long road. In Teesside I know Volkswerk are good - just off the A66 on the other side to Sainsbury.
03 1.9 intermitent fault ASB & ESP lights and engi - injection doc
Change the rear brake light bulbs, even if they are new! & check the buld holders & light clusters for corrosion howerver slight.
03 1.9 intermitent fault ASB & ESP lights and engi - xaghra
thanks -have taken to Pulman in Sunderland-no fault code-DISS report has been sent of to VW in Milton Keynes-awaiting outcome