Experiences of i10 ownership! - phil_ossifer
I bought my i10 in July 08, it's a Style 1.1 in Mica Black so unfortunately I cop for the £120 VED .. but it's still reasonable in my opinion.

However, I do a daily commute of 40 miles. The first piece of bad luck was a small crack in my windscreen - the Dealers/Autoglass could not supply a replacement for approx 4 weeks
during which time the crack spread rather alarmingly across the screen.

The second event related to the vehicle's battery - this gradually became weaker and weaker until it let me down in the work's car park !

Thanks to the 5 year RAC membership that I got with the car I was able to get back to the dealers. Tthe problem was that the dealers battery tester said that it was ok - while the RAC bloke said it was kaput. The RAC chap kindly rang the dealer and supplied documentary evidence saying the battery was u/s. The dealer accepted this and the hunt began for a spare battery.... not ONE was to be found in the country !! - the dealer retrieved one from a brand new i10 that had been delivered that afternoon !

Also I have recently discovered that the tyre size is VERY rare - being told by one distributor that the size is unique to the i10 ?

I can't say I'm 100% chuffed with the vehicle ... especially with the availability of spares - but the dealer has been very good & I'm happy with their service. These experiences would not deter me from buying another Hyundai.

Phil

Experiences of i10 ownership! - Rob E
Hey Phil,

Read this with interest. I test drove an i10 yesterday and was exceedingly impressed with the refinement, smoothness, responsiveness and standard kit. There were plenty of them lined up to go to their new owners on 1st March.

It was the 1.2 model. I wonder if yours, being a 1.1, is suffering from a few early build gremlins that often blight the first few off the production run.

I suppose the good thing is the excellent warranty package, and good dealer network. I was very impressed with the dealer.

It's interesting that the Comfort and Style versions now feature a 'battery save' function.

I'm sure these are just a couple of teething problems. Overall, I was so impressed with it that it is a definite maybe to replace my Charade when the time comes around.

Rob
Experiences of i10 ownership! - tintin01
My OH has had his i10 for a few months now and is just as happy as when he first got it. He doesn't do many miles these days and finds it great as a daily run around car, okay for longer occasional journeys. He went from Manchester to Kent a few weeks ago and found it fine. I like the car - we have the black one too. My only complaint is that the ride is quite harsh and you feel the bumps - though that may be true of most similar sized cars.

He is certainly enjoying the cheap running costs. I like the way that you can park it anywhere - we had a large estate before and used to spend ages looking for a space we could get into. We were swayed by the drivability, five year warranty, and also by Hyundai's reputation for reliability.
Experiences of i10 ownership! - stunorthants26
My only complaint is that the ride is quite harsh and you feel the bumps - though that may be true of most similar sized cars. <<

We found this too when we test drove it, one of the reasons it wasnt chosen. It is not true of all other small cars.
Experiences of i10 ownership! - daveyjp
"I can't say I'm 100% chuffed with the vehicle ... especially with the availability of spares"

The potential for long waits for common parts is the one aspect of owning less common far eastern cars which gets forgotten about, but IMHO should be highlighted as a downside of ownership.
Experiences of i10 ownership! - bintang
What Car? only gives 3 stars

www.whatcar.com/search/@22Hyundai+i10+Hatchback@22...C
ount!1/SecondarySearch/abnk/

{No clickable links to whatcar, thanks}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/02/2009 at 19:29

Experiences of i10 ownership! - apple
I looked read through many reviews about small cars in What Car before deciding on mine. Not many of them gets above 3 stars for the size and price range!
Citreon 3 stars, CHEVROLET MATIZ 2 stars, FIAT 500 HATCHBACK 3 stars, KIA PICANTO HATCHBACK 3 stars, NISSAN PIXO HATCHBACK 3 stars, PROTON SAVVY HATCHBACK 1 stars, SUZUKI ALTO HATCHBACK 3 stars, etc.......

Experiences of i10 ownership! - apple
The small crack can happen to any car. I was in a Honda when a small pebble hit our windscreen. The whole windscreen came down with a mighty crash! As for the tyre size, no problem to look for tyres except they are slighlty more expensive between £3-£15 per tyre depending on brand. What is couple of pounds comparing to the amount of patrol I have to put in weekly. :)
Experiences of i10 ownership! - madf
Carl a
Your statistics are WRONG.
Toyota make approx 8 Million cars pa...

Edited by madf on 11/08/2009 at 22:10