Snowboarder - 1400ted
Saw a picture in the paper today, in the 'snow' news, of a man on a snowboard being pulled along by a car.
I wouldn't imagine it was on a busy road or that he was exeeding the speed limit. So, why did the report end 'Police say a man has been arrested' ? Of course, no further information given and the driver could have been over the limit, etc but is there now a specific arrestable offence of 'Being towed on a snowboard by a car' ? Just looked a bit of fun to me.
Ted
Snowboarder - Waino
Was the snowboarder texting on his mobile phone at the time?
Snowboarder - Hamsafar
Seems a bit pathetic that this is national news, and the POLICE have had it taken off Youtube and have arrested him. Yet as we saw in the snowball thread the Police have publicly complained about people ringing the Police to report yobs smashing car windows and attacking traffic with snow/ice balls.
Snowboarder - tawse
It has shocked and saddened me this week to turn on the news and listen to all sorts of prats from business, the CBI and MPs ranting on about people taking time off this week, schools being closed.

We are Human Beings. We come here to learn and to live. This may be the only lifetime that we have. We may never come this way again. Before it snows again heavily many people, both young and old, who are alive this week might not be alive again the next time it snows next year... or in 5, 10 or 20 years time.

The next time it snows children who are 5 or 10 today might be adults with children of their own.

Enjoy the snow, enjoy Life. Revel in the beauty and magic of it. Last night as I was going to bed I opened the curtains and big fluffy white flakes of snow were falling from the sky. The Moon shone in the background and my road looked like a Winter Wonderland. I was a kid again in an instance. Enjoy Life.

People who remember M*A*S*H will remember the shrink who occasionally appeared in it. In the last episode he had a great final line - "Every now and then drop your pants and slide on the ice!". In other words, enjoy and live.
Snowboarder - L'escargot
Presumably the thing being towed, i.e. the snowboard, didn't comply with the regulations applicable to towed appliances. ~ no number plate etc etc.
Snowboarder - billy25
you have (for as long as i can remember) always risked a good ticking-off from a "Bobby" if he saw you getting a tow by holding on to the back of a truck or bus whilst on a pushbike, this habit was quite commonplace back in the sixties when i were a kid!, the fact you can now be arrested and charged for it (being towed) is nothing more than i would expect. After all, should someone fall and hurt themselves who is to blame? Police,driver.risk-taker?
we are a "where theres blame- theres claim" society now.

Billy
p.s
on the same lines i believe that it is also illegal to take the dog for a walk, whilst you are holding the lead and riding a bike.

Edited by billy25 on 07/02/2009 at 17:20

Snowboarder - Chris White
p.s
on the same lines i believe that it is also illegal to take the dog
for a walk whilst you are holding the lead and riding a bike.

During the week I saw a guy on rollerblades being pulled along at some speed by a big dog.

Very funny :-)
Snowboarder - BobbyG
Tawse, 100% agree with you!
Re the OP,don't know if it is the same case but the one I read, police got involved cos snowboarder was hitting of parked cars as he was getting towed.