Insurance claim query - reevsie
I have a 1998 (S-reg) Peugeot 306 cabriolet which was shunted from behind damaging the bumper & rear panel. The bodyshop have quoted £1400 to get the repairs done and they are not sure if the boot lid needs replacing as well. I assumed that it would be written off given that I can get a similar car for £1800 on autotrader and that parkers value a v plate car for £1800 in good condition. To my surprise, the 3rd parties insurers have authorised the repairs and when I queried this with them, they valued my car for £2,500, so it is deemed as repairable. I am not keen on getting my car repaired, as no matter how good the repair is, it?s going to stand out against 10 year old paintwork (the repair will be even more apparent if the bootlid is replaced). So my question is - given that the quoted repairs are £1400 and that I may need a new boot lid and that I will need a hire car while mine is being repaired, would they accept a suggestion to give me say £1300 to write the car off and letting me keep the car (so I can sell some bits of it), thereby saving the potential cost of additional repairs and hire car costs, and giving me the opportunity of buying a non repaired car?

Insurance claim query - CGNorwich
ask them
Insurance claim query - Andrew-T
Why not try for £1500 under the same terms? Nothing to lose - they can only make a lesser offer.
Insurance claim query - reevsie
Got £1210.49 payment in leiu in full and final settlement. Essentially cost of the repairs minus the VAT. Get to keep the car and won't be recorded. either planning on pushing the panel out slapping some filler and paint and pt/ex ing it for something else or breaking as the roof is in good nick and all the hydraulics work. So all in all a good result. Just goes to show if you don't ask, you don't get!!
Insurance claim query - CGNorwich
Just goes to show if you don't ask, you don't get!!

Glad you got a result. Always worth asking