03 1.2 Oil Pump and bracket - mozam
I have a CORSA 2003 SXi which has been no end of trouble since I bought it last February from a registered Vauxhall dealer. In November I had to have the fan belt changed at which point i asked the mechanic why my car had started to make a rattling sound (like a black cab). I was told that this was the timing chain and hydrolic tensioner. After having all of this replaced the noise continued. This has been diagnosed now as a problem with oil pressure. To fix I need an oil pump and the bracket/fixture/flange (Im no mechanic) that it sits in.

This was ordered from Vauxhall in early December. I am still waiting for the part now and rely on my car to get to work and back everyday.

I have been in constant contact with vauxhall who do not seem to care one little bit.

I have now been told that the part is not being manufactured at present and there are no parts in the UK, Germany, Holland so basically i will not get this part. Without it my car is a write off.

I have been told by a reliable mechanic that it is illegal to stop manufacturing essential parts for cars that are still on UK roads. Is this true and can anybody give me any advice? Is there anybody else out there in my situation?

I have now been without my car since 9th December!!!! Please HELP!!!
03 1.2 Oil Pump and bracket - jayeastanglia
i would try another vauxhall dealer.sounds like they cant be bothered..i know the pump and bracket is available in the uk from vauxhall as i did 1 in early january
03 1.2 Oil Pump and bracket - mozam
Hi Jayeastanglia, thanks for the advice, I have been on the phone to numerous other dealerships (national and international) and they are now saying that they are 'in talks' with the manufacturer as they are out of stock everywhere and the manufacturer is currently not making them. Can they do this? were did you order your part from?
03 1.2 Oil Pump and bracket - andy_corsac

i have exactly the same problem at the moment. I bought mine in december its a 52 plate corsa sxi it was fine up until now and then the oil light keeps flashing on and off and engine sounds like you say a blacki cab! it was under warranty so i took it back but there saying there is nothing wrong with it! how much have you been quoted fir repair? i also need my car for work but cant drive with this problem! any help?

03 1.2 Oil Pump and bracket - Englishbullterrier

www.consumerdirect.gov.uk connects you to your local Trading Standards office for free advice by telephone or e mail on all the usual areas of commercial (not criminal) dispute encountered by motorists, and others.

Note that the Act that compels manufacturers to supply spare parts for motor cars for 10 years from the date of sale is the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

Taken from -

ttp://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights