Has anyone had VW "Goodwill" after water-damage? - ttfsam
Hi

I'm trying to put together information about UK VW owners' experience of VW's response to water ingress damage due to failure to clear plenum drainage.

I'm the owner of a 2003 TDi Passat that has been continually serviced by the same VW garage. The car flooded due to a blocked plenum drainage hole and the brake warning light is lit. My VW garage unblocked the plenum drainage hole and dried out car and are trying to charge me £690 for this. Having read around the issue on this site and others I?m now also concerned about the lit brake warning light (something that VW have so far done nothing about) as brake damage has been connected to such flooding. I gather from this site that replacing the servo and related parts might cost up to £980.

I?ve seen various postings on this forum relating to this. Including details of the 2008 US class action against VW regarding this design fault.

www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/129.../

UK TSB51B8 2007 is as far as I'm aware the official UK response to this design fault - a service order to check the plenum drainage at least every other year (something that my garage has not done).

Has anyone had any luck in getting VW UK to rectify plenum related water damage on a "goodwill" basis?

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks

TTFSam