08 1.6 wet passenger side foot well - honeybear
I have a problem with water coming into the pasenger side foot well and soaking the carpets. The car is only 9 months old but I want to avoid taking it back to the dealer as it is such a faff and there may be a simple solution. After reading the post on the Vauxhall it set me thinking. The car has no sunroof and as it is relatively new I would doubt if any seals or drains were perished,the water is rain water as it is nice and clean. Any ideas appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2009 at 18:34

08 1.6 wet passenger side foot well - ifithelps
Open the bonnet and look around the area of the hinge/top of the wing.

I think there's a drain there and it may be no more than a leaf/bit of debris blocking it.
08 1.6 wet passenger side foot well - Fullchat
Pollen filter for aircon leaking?
Had all the carpets up and sponged up quite a bit of water maybe a couple of pints,checked all the drain holes etc and couldnt see anything obvious,will wait and see otherwise will be a trip to dealer and let them worry about it (which they wont !)
08 1.6 wet passenger side foot well - MikeTorque
You could use a pressure washer jet over the car to see if you can trace the source of the leak.

Personally I'd get the garage to do it under warranty and watch them whilst I had a hot cup of tea both inside & outside the car whilst the testing was going on.
Got the car back yesterday after it was booked into the dealer they said it was a bulk head seal that was faulty, it seems that they have had to remove the windscreen at some point and maybe some of the dash but hopefully that will be it sorted only glad it was done under warranty.