2001 1.9DCi Limp mode - Harv34
Hi all,

Mileage at present 82000

I have renault laguna 1.9 DCI the car keep going into Limp mode when driving.

Both the glow plugs light and the engine management light come on together and the cars goes into limp mode. If i stop and start the engine it goes out and is ok again for a while. Its very intermitent i can have days when it dosent come on and days when it always comes on!

I have had the car serviced just full service - does anyone have any ideas what this could be - i have had the car on an engine management machine but it came back with no errors being logged?

I have spoken to someone today who mentioned it could be a build up of carbon on any number of things and that i could have contributed to the problem by being a careful driver....

Any ideas or suggestions would be very greatfully received

I have not yet changed the glow plugs this may be a good place to start?

Thanks a lot,

Harv

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/01/2009 at 12:59

2001 1.9 Limp mode - walkerville
the most common fault on these cars is the egr valve, situated at the top of the engine held on by three bolts
2001 1.9 Limp mode - Harv34
Thank you for that info - is there a way to tell if this is the case without buying a new one - will it looked jammed or anything when i take it off?

I dont want to spend all that money to find out that its not that if i can help it!

I have had it on an engine management system and there were no errors detected.

Thanks

Harv
2001 1.9 Limp mode - Altea Ego
Dont faff around, get the EGR changed anyway, if its not causing agro now it will shortly.
2001 1.9DCi Limp mode - Love your Laguna
I had a similar problem what was eventually traced to a leaking intercooler.
Check for signs of oil on the front grill of the car.

Hope this help
2001 1.9DCi Limp mode - mrsarcasm
It could be any manner of things, its naive to just throw money at it, try giving it a clean first: www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...6