94 1.6 Rear washer not working - Surrey_Scientist

rear washer on the hatchback is not working.... Front is fine.

The washer reservoir seems to be emptying itself very fast......

I filled it up last night, went out for the evening, and it was empty by the time I got home, although couldn't feel any leaks around the container.....

Suspicious there may be a split somewhere.

Can't hear the mototr going from inside the car when I rotate the switch (it goes for the front OK)

This would make me think either the switch is faulty or if there's a separate motor thats gone

There are no details of the washer system in the haynes manual....

Is there a separate motor for the front & rears, ( only my celica has only one fluid pump for both (how does it switch fluid between front and rear - electric valve ??) )

(Rear)

Edited by Pugugly on 17/01/2009 at 16:30

1994 1.6 Washer (Rear) - Pipe routing - where ? - Surrey_Scientist

UPDATE

Pump is working on rear

Drivers-side rear footwel, and drivers footwell seem to be filling with washer fluid.

Clearly the piep has split/come adrift inside the car

Anyone know where the pipe is routed ??

The pipe exits the bodyshell at the top of the tailgate opening - does this mean the pipe goes across the headlining (thats not showing any signs of damp)

or does it go all the way along the floor then up one of the rear pillars ?
The boot area is completely dry, nothing leaking out of the tailgate either.

Tried poking the jet with a pin to check its not blocked and causing back-pressure.

I am assuming with the freezing weather we had recently that it may have frozen and this has caused it to split/push apart a union/joint..... although thought I had some fluid in it with antifreeze properties....

Where do I buy replacement tubing ? Is it a standard diameter/type for most cars ?