New Avensis - ijws15
My car was not back from the garage yesterday so was given a new Avensis to get me home. Only done 60 miles so initial impressions.

Didn't particularly look at the outside, realised this morning that it was Blue.

2.0(?) diesel with dual a/c, sat nav (3x?)

Ride / handling is very indistinguishable from the previous model, had two weeks with one in December.

Interior is much better to look at than the earlier model but . . .

Was set to lock as you drive away but does not unlock as you get out (as the Octavia does), I had to unlock the car to get my coat of the back seat!

The electric hand brake is out of reach when sitting normally, I have to lean forward to operate it.

The door handles are not easily within reach.

Why put the fuel cap release and traction control switch low down below the steering wheel just where the switch illumination annoys me at night but in a difficult place to reach!

They have repeated the problem with the previous Radio where you do not appear to be able to curtail a TP announcement easily.

I do not like the cruise control lever moving with the steering wheel (as before). At least there is an indication that it has set now but it still turns off each time you turn the ignition off - pain in the neck when you are used to systems which do not.

This was an estate and the bolt looked VERY small for a car of this size, defeats the object. Lots of plastic storage under the floor but how do you get the sofa home from IKEA?

I don't think you would get into the armrest storage with the rear seats tipped up (you have to slide the top back before it will lift!

Would I get one - well more likely than I was with the last model but still falls far short, will be nice to get the Octavia back.