Astra Stereo wiring probs - Murray
Hi, Im hoping for a wee bit of help with wiring a stereo into a '92 Astra Merit Estate.

When I bought the car secondhand the owner had removed the stereo. I got hold of a Vauxhall Grundig SC303 (model without display) from a mate and have tried to wire it in with no success. The stereo wiring leads fit in the back of the stereo fine and I get power and can hear the speakers work but cant get the Astra dashboard display to show the radio display. When the radio is switched on the time on the display stays on and the date disappears but nothing appears in its place.

I have heard a rumour that the display needs to be matched to the stereo to work...is this true???

Does anyone know what each colour of wire does etc as I seem to have a few redundant ones. Does anone know where I can get a wiring diagram?

If anyone has had this same problem and has solved it without buying a new head unit Id love to hear the solution.

Cheers for any help offered
Astra Stereo wiring probs - TD
Have a quick look at www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=13...6
Regards
TD
Astra Stereo wiring probs - Murray
Thanks for that. Mainly I want to confirm that the dash display wont work with my stereo until I get it re-calibrated by a Vauxhall dealer?

If thats the case then I reckon I'll just buy a new head unit with a built in display - I didnt have to pay for my current one anyway!

I cant seem to get the unit working as I had it re-coded but cant get it to accept the new code. If I could see the display then Id know:

1.when I was required to enter the code
2.if I'd enter it correctly
3.how many times Ive got it wrong already!
4.if its re-locked because Ive tried it incorrectly too many times.

Im following instructions in the booklet but nothing beeps to let me know the code has been accepted etc.

Cheers
Murray