04 1.6 speed rated tyres high/less comfy - tonyrees68
Buying new rear tyres for the car 205/55/16 Now iam thinking of Goodyear Exelence as recommended by so many of you on past posts but my question is ,the speed rating on the tyres eg H , V or W .Is there a difference in comfort or noise levels with the different ratings, on the said tyres the W rated tyre is only about £9 more expensive than the H rated tyre, and as i wont be reaching any of the W rated speeds or loading (and i assume that maybe the W rated tyres are made thicker?stronger?) would i get better comfort driving and less road noise in a lesser speed rated tyre or would it not be noticable .
If i will get better noise insulation and comfort on any tyre on any speed rating please forward your thoughts
tony
04 1.6 speed rated tyres high/less comfy - MikeTorque
I had 4 new 205/55/16 V Goodyear Exellence tyres fitted last year to the 1.6 TDCi and they perform brilliantly on the Focus, the comfort & noise levels are excellent. The V rated is the recommended speed rating tyre for the car, you shouldn't fit lesser speed rated tyres (as per manufacturers spec.) otherwise you'll violate/null your insurance cover so that rules out the H. The V is so good and well over spec'd anyway for the 1.6 so a W isn't worth the extra cash.

Can't really comment on the Goodyear Exc. W as haven't tried that one, but have experienced a Focus fitted with Michelin W's which felt almost the same as V's.
04 1.6 speed rated tyres high/less comfy - tonyrees68
thanks mike answered my question 10/10
cheers tony