04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - torribaz
My Zafira A 1.6 life 04 plate has just started running a bit lumpy and jerky. I tend to loose power when at low speeds, then the exhaust emmision light starts to flash on the dashboard. After a few seconds the light goes out and the problem seems to clear itself. I have been told that it is most lightly to be a faulty EGR VALVE.
If so, can any of you tell me where this valve is located in the engine, and how to remove it so I can fit a new one, any other infomation you might have regarding this problem would be most gratful to me also. Thanks.

{Shouting in header turned down}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/01/2009 at 12:14

04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - Dynamic Dave
I have been told that it is most likely to be a faulty EGR VALVE.
If so ....

If this is someone else's guesswork, then you'd be far better getting the problem diagnosed by having the fault code(s) read out. That way you'll know for sure and not be replacing unnecessary parts that could still be functioning correctly.
04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - topbloke
i agree, code read first, if the light comes on then go's a code will be stored,it will most likely be an egr code, you could get lucky chucking a valve at it !!!!!!
04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - zafirabloke
We have a 05 plate Zafira Life 1.6i 16v which has the Emissions light show and power loss (Limp mode) It idles ok, but when accelerator pressed it judders.

I still find it hard to swallow that Vauxhall charge £40 odd quid for car to be plugged into computer to diagnose problems with their flaky components. Fine if you have a mate with one.

Diagnostics are just the start of the nightmare that will ensue. Might as well open the cheque book and watch the pound signs that I dont have float away.

There is NO clear advice for the novice to try nor diagrams regarding EGR for our model...... nightmare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I still find it hard to swallow that Vauxhall charge £40 odd quid for car
to be plugged into computer to diagnose problems with their flaky components.

If you realised how expensive their computer is (something like £3,500 to £4000 for a Tech2 reader + regular software updates and yearly licences on top of that), then you'd understand why they charge £40 upwards.

There is the alternate method called guesswork, but that can become a more expensive hobby than biting the bullet and paying for a diagnostic readout.
04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - topbloke
keep your money and cheque book in your pocket and live with the judder/missfire simple,
04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - Damage1_1

That's the most stupid thing I have read today.

Not only will this cost you more in fuel it will probably cause other issues as well as fail mot. It could even cause you to break down.

Always get these mil lights checked by someone with correct training and a good scanner. It will save you lots of guesswork and money

04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - Big John

Er - this thread was from 10 years ago??

04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - John24
If you can get your hands dirty check out following:-

www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1...5

tinyurl.com/ccv2s5 (shortened link to ebay)

Sorry can't figure out how to make tiny url. {have done for you}
Otherwise google for zafira egr valve.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/03/2009 at 10:21

04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - SpamCan61 {P}
Sorry can't figure out how to make tiny url.

Highlight the URL you want to make 'tiny' with your mouse

hold down CTRL and C keys to copy it to your clipboard

open this website :-

www.tinyurl.com

Click in the box marked "Enter a long URL to make tiny:"

hold down CTRL and V keys to paste your URL into that box

click on the 'make TinyURL' button.

Then you can highlight and copy / paste the tinyurl where you want ( mail message or whatever) using the highlight - CTRL C - CTRL V method as above.

Edited by SpamCan61 {P} on 20/03/2009 at 08:28

open this website :-

Or use the link in the Sticky post:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=33...3

Once you've put the link you want to shorten into the box, it *should* automatically copy the shortened link into the clipboard of your PC, so all you need then do is press CTRL V to paste the shortened link into your post.

DD.
04 1.6 EGR Exhaust Control Valve - John24
Re tinyurl - thanks for the headsup, guys (or gals) :o)