05 2.0SDI Possible fuel pump problem. - R44JVW
Hi

Drove the car about a 1000metres got to some lights and car cut out.

Now whenever I try to start the car it turns for about 10-15 seconds then starts - once I push down the accelerator the car cuts out.

When the car is finally started it will run for about 2-3min then cuts out. (only runs if I dont push down on the accelerator)

At a guess, could this be the fuel pump? Is this something that happens to Golfs? My SDI has only done 55k miles.

I have also noticed that my fuel consumption has increased over the last 2 months from where i was getting approx 450 from the tank recently I only got 390 from the tank

Any thoughts guys?

Many thanks in advance for your help

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 04/01/2009 at 12:03

05 2.0SDI Possible fuel pump proble. - JohnM{P}
I'm no diesel expert but having driven nearly half a million miles in VAG TDIs, I wouldn't rush to blame the fuel pump. For example, is there a leak in the fuel supply, allowing air in/fuel out? A problem with the drive by wire accelerator? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along...
05 2.0SDI Possible fuel pump proble. - R44JVW
Had it checked out and apparantly its the Fuel Lift Pump

and this is apparantly somewhat of a common problem, guy down VW garage says its they do atleast 2 of these a week.

Gonna cost me approx £280 inc VAT!

Oh and this type of problem doesnt get picked up by the diagnostic check either!