1995 - Handbrake stuck. - teej
I have a MKII ford fiesta and tonight the handbrake got stuck, not the actual lever but the breaks. My partners father tried to sort it but when I got in it the car didn't feel right; as if the brakes were still on. Also I think there might be some brake fluid leaking. I'm not sure if its because of the cold weather but if anyone has any suggestions that'd be much appreciated as I have a long journey next week!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 31/12/2008 at 23:33

MK2 - Handbrake stuck. - yorkiebar
Quite a few possibilities here.

Best advice is dont even attempt the drive without having them looked at by somebody competent.

could be, frozen linkages/cables, leaking cylinders, delaminated shoes amongst other problems. Shouldnt be expensive to sort on this car.

Please dont drive on them (other than short journey to garage etc, and then carefully!) until sorted.
MK2 - Handbrake stuck. - teej
Thanks! I'm with the AA so maybe they'll be able to sort it on the spot. I wasn't planning on driving it, i don't fancy messy breaks on the motorway! happy new year.
MK2 - Handbrake stuck. - ajsdoc
Is it freezing outside?
MK2 - Handbrake stuck. - RichardM
Exactly the same has happened on my car (Primera) yesterday: one of the rears is not coming off when the handbrake is released. Since it was down to a damp -6 the previous night and never above -3 all day yesterday (plus the same thing happened last winter), I am assuming it's the cable which is frozen. Look like getting the trolley jack and heat gun out today.

Edited by RichardM on 01/01/2009 at 09:02