2005 Camshaft Failure - Snapped in two! (ReadOnly] - Barb36
Hi - My car is a Vauxhall Corsa 2005 (55 plate) just out of warranty by 15 weeks and has only got 15k miles on the clock. On Boxing Day evening, whilst driving on the motorway at 70mph, my engine management light came on and I lost power. The RAC recovered the car and I have had it diagnosed that the camshaft has snapped in two.

I?ve read various posts on other forums of people who have had an identical problem. I will be contacting Vauxhall next week as it would appear I need a new engine and would be grateful for any advice and help you could give me for when I approach them.

My worry is that that I have had two dealership services but the last one was by a non-dealership garage. However, this was a major service and they used approved Vauxhall parts and stipulate in their advertisements that it will not affect any Vauxhall warranty. The service book has been stamped accordingly.

I look forward to hearing any advice you may have and would be happy to join any campaigns to get Vauxhall to address this issue.

Edited by rtj70 on 28/12/2008 at 16:02

2005 Camshaft Failure - Snapped in two! - rtj70
This has been discussed a few times on here. Some technical threads (where I've moved this) and some discussion on what can be done in terms of Vauxhall's response.

Some links here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=69027&...f

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=69006&...f

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=56906&...f

As there are already a few threads on this I have made this one read-only.

Rob (Moderator)

Edited by rtj70 on 28/12/2008 at 16:01