Numax car battery - VR6
I need a new battery for my car, and have found some good prices online.

Has anyone heard of Numax batteries? Chap on the phone tells me that they are made by Varta - can anyone confirm this?

Buying a Numax will save me £20 compared with a Varta Silver (I do lose 2 yrs worth of warranty though)

Also - can anyone tell me how to post a message without selecting the Make/Model?

Edited by rtj70 on 17/12/2008 at 12:33

Numax car battery - rtj70
Choose a category for the post and not a make/model. Edited to remove the make and model for you.

Rob (Moderator)
Numax car battery - Hamsafar
The look pretty generic...
www.carbatteryshop.co.uk/i-063-Numax-Car-Battery-1...l
I suspect it's one of those sold under a myriad of different names by different motor factors and tyre shops. It looks like the LION batteries from Eurocarparts.

I wouldn't worry about the guarantee unless you are at high risk of needing it because you hardly use the car or leave the lights on a lot. That said, I do think VARTA are the best. What about VARTA Blue dynamic? They are cheaper than Silver.
Numax car battery - henry k
>>. What about VARTA Blue dynamic? They are cheaper than Silver.
>>
Check what battery is speced for your car.
The Silver is the one for my 98 Mondeo.
Numax car battery - VR6
Hmm, thats what I thought about the Numax battery.

Well, I've spoken to a number of shops, all of which have given me a different battery size (either 027, 096,075), and most of them have failed to give me the specification of the battery they are trying to sell me.
My car is a VW Golf VR6 1997 BTW.

Prices online + £8 delivery:
Numax - £51
Exide X-tra - £67
Varta Silver - £70

GSF - Bosch Silver - £72 (they couldn't tell me exactly which battery this was)
Numax car battery - billy25
I've had one down the allotment shed for almost 2yrs now, powers lights and a water pump, its only an 85ah starter battery(not liesure) and has only been taken home for re-charging once. I bought it because it was one of the cheapest, and although it hasn't a lot of "heavy" load, its in use almost daily. I find it holds it's charge well, and I recommend them.

Billy
Numax car battery - steveo3002
ebay has some a c delco batterys, theyre a decent brand
Numax car battery - Carrow
Be careful, there are a lot of batteries in th UK marketplace that have been stored outside for ages. You would be better off buying direct from a factor rather than on-line, if you have any problems regarding warranty or fitment you can deal face to face, rather than via e-mail. If you can get the numbers off the old battery i will see if i can cross-reference it for you.
Numax car battery - madf
Just bought a battery on line..
www.performancebatteries.co.uk/find_battery/cars#b...o

Next day delivery and 4 years warranty.
Battery fine.

Can recommend them.

About £30 cheaper than well known national car parts retailer...
Numax car battery - a30rob
Numax are indeed made by JCI, the company who make Varta, and are pretty close quality wise.

027, 075 and 096 all being very close size wise, with slightly different outputs.

027 being the lowest at 60Ah 540 SAE
075 at 60Ah 570 SAE
096 at 72Ah 680 SAE

For your car you'd get away with an 027, but for longevity an 075 will be under less strain, and so is likely to last longer.

www.motraxonline.co.uk is a good place to try for your Numax.
Numax car battery - OmNo
If money was no object (and I say IF) what Battery would most people buy to get the best quality and durability ?
Is it like most things and you get what you pay for ?
Numax car battery - NARU
I've had good experience of the Bosch silver sold by Costco.
Numax car battery - Old Navy
I would second Bosch silver, I have one that was used in a car for a year and has been in my garage as a spare and 12v power supply for over 5 years. I keep it charged and it started a diesel van with a flat battery on a recent freezing morning.

Edited by Old Navy on 14/12/2009 at 13:52

Numax car battery - madf
The one I bought - see above - is ok after 12 months. Remind me in Dec 2010 to update.
Numax car battery - Pistandbroke
The one I bought - see above - is ok after 12 months. Remind me in Dec 2010 to update.

How's it doing now Nov 2011?

Numax car battery - madf

Ok till Oct 2010 when car was written off after an accident