03 3.2 Locking and starting problems - Norn Iron Andy
Last night when I arrived back at home from work and parked up, my TT would not lock with the central locking on my usual key. Thinking it was maybe the battery in the key (even though the key had worked perfectly fine and from long range up till then), I got my spare key and centrally locked the car with that.

Upon coming out to drive to work this morning, I centrally unlocked the car with my spare key only to find that it would not start despite several attempts. Each time it would turn over once and then immediately shut down. Upon central locking the car again and getting my main key, the main key centrally unlocked the car and started the engine.

Whilst that may sound fine, I am now concerned that I may end up stuck at work with either a car that won't open, won't lock or won't start. Anyone know what might have caused this? The only other bit of pertinent information I can think of is that, in getting into the car to drive home last night, I think I might have pressed the locking button on my key as I was starting the car, as I seem to recall the hazard light button blinking twice. Did that inadvertently trigger some security mechanism or am I looking at a trip to the garage and nice hefty bill (as seems to come with the territory on TTs, it would seem)?

Many thanks
03 3.2 Locking and starting problems - Peter D
It sounds as though the keys have got out of sync. Post of www.vwaudiforum.co.uk in the TT section and you should get an anwser. Regards Peter
03 3.2 Locking and starting problems - rtj70
Did the car lock with the key though? I know this does not deadlock it but it would be better than leaving it unlocked somewhere.
03 3.2 Locking and starting problems - elekie&a/c doctor
May be a good idea to get the car battery checked.The central locking/unlocking has no connection to the starting of the car.hth
03 3.2 Locking and starting problems - Falkirk Bairn
Son's Lexus had a battery problem last Friday.

Charged battery but we could not start it - turns out the alarm/immobiliser was needing reset - AA Man obliged in the end after we were defeated.