2001 1.8 tddi estate - secondary fuel pump? - robinrb5
can anyone tell me has this car got a fuel pump in the tank to supply the main pump,ive got flat spot at 2,800revs after that clears itself.got a diagnostic and said its lack of fuel.garage checked his diagram and its said no fuel pump in the tank,but they rang ford and they said it did,but seems very cheap £55 so my garage thinks they could be sending the wrong thing out ie some sort of gauge.if it has no fuel pump it looks like ive got to get a new main pump!!
cars starts fine,runs ok apart from what i said,checked all hoses,and changed fuel filter and no smoke.only done 67,000 miles.help the car goes in to the garage monday.!!
thanks

{header made less vague - included a brief summary of question being asked}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/12/2008 at 13:37

2001 1.8 tddi estate - secondary fuel pump? - AndyT
There's no feed pump, as far as I'm aware, and I certainly don't hear any such priming noise when I turn on the ignition.
2001 1.8 tddi estate - secondary fuel pump? - andy@ford
there is no pump in the tank on the diesel focus it is only a sneder unit for the gauge. as for the fault is in smoking at all? and are there any other symptons?
2001 1.8 tddi estate - secondary fuel pump? - robinrb5
no other symptons at all,no smoke at all.is it a sender pump in the tank,can that stop the fuel going through.
2001 1.8 tddi estate fuel pump broken? - robinrb5
Ive had the car in the garage 5 days and the conclusion is the fuel pump!!iam not to sure,they changed the sender unit and it did not make any difference they have checked all the pipes hoses and it still is drawing air from some where,they said they could see air bubbles in the fuel line at 2,800 rpm.can any one tell me if the fuel pump would do that if broken let air draw in.no smoke,car drives fine apart from that flat spot.got a price supplied and fitted 1100 quid
thanks