Condensation on windows overnight - whoopwhoop
Windows on wifes Focus keep misting up overnight. Sometimes quite badly (i.e. running down the windscreen).

In the cold weather, they're misted up within an hour of parking.

When driving, no problem. Tried leaving aircon on and tried leaving it off - makes no difference. Carpets, seats, etc all bone dry. Nothings been spilt in there.

Ideas?

57 reg mk2.
Condensation on windows overnight - whoopwhoop
If it was the pollen filter, it'd make it even more steamy when driving as the fan would blow the moisture into the car, wheras in reality there's no problem while driving - it's only when parked up.
Condensation on windows overnight - gordonbennet
Have you checked under the carpets and in the spare wheel well.
Condensation on windows overnight - henry k
HJ has suggested the first thing to get looked at.

Yours is a regular topic.

Try a forum search ( top right) for Ford & content - Pollen Filter.

Condensation on windows overnight - Bromptonaut
Have you felt under the carpets, in the trim below the rear seats or, if there is one, in the spare wheel well?

Had the same issue with a Xantia estate. While it was clear from dripping wet trim that rainwater was getting through the tailgate the boot carpet was dry to the touch. Water had however soaked the carpet's rubber backing and then seeped through the trim under the rear seats and as far as the rear footwells.

Major steam ups on days like today and even in summer when cold showers followed bright sunshine.

(edit-gb beat me to the carpets/wheel well suggestion)

Edited by Bromptonaut on 07/12/2008 at 20:33

Condensation on windows overnight - oilrag
"In the cold weather, they're misted up within an hour of parking."

I think its just the dew point occuring inside the car - from warm air contained within, on the coldest surface.
It`s happening on my van - never before, just this exceptionally (for us) cold last week or so.

Edited by oilrag on 07/12/2008 at 20:39

Condensation on windows overnight - Pugugly
Same here - both cars.
Condensation on windows overnight - pmh2
I am glad I am not alone!

No fun when it freezes up after 500m of leaving home - and on the Picasso you cannot reach the screen!

This year seems to have been particularly bad.
Condensation on windows overnight - Pica
One piece of advice I got years ago was not to wipe the condensation off the window with a cloth and then leave that cloth in the car as it will make the condensation come back. use paper towels instead
Condensation on windows overnight - bathtub tom
Using re-circulated air instead of fresh could also contribute to this problem.

SWMBO doesn't understand (bless 'em) and leaves the control halfway between.
Condensation on windows overnight - David Horn
Swerved to avoid someone this morning who was weaving all over the road... windscreen was so fogged up I couldn't even make out anyone in the car.
Condensation on windows overnight - bbroomlea{P}
I had this problem a few years ago - car was dry everywhere but it misted up overnight. Cured by cat litter in an ice-cream tub under the passenger seat!! If you buy scented stuff it makes your car smell nice when it absorbs the moisture as well.

Condensation on windows overnight - Pugugly
Won't your cat pee there though ? (weak joke)
Condensation on windows overnight - 1400ted
regular this weather. Had an Astra for head job, while in yard a few days was sopping wet inside not being used. Borrowed a de-humidifier off a pal for a few days and got pints of water out of it. Must have been in the carpets and trim.
Ted