07 1.1 Anyone ever had problem with EML coming on? - barleymo
Only owned this car for 3 weeks. Done 7000 since new (Aug 07). Not had any problems with it until this morning. I washed my car and then tried starting it - it didn't start. Tried again, it did start, but revving very slowly. After a few seconds it picked up and was fine. Moved my car up my driveway. Turned off engine, locked it and went off to do other things. Few hours later, returned to drive car. It started fine, drove off down the road and noticed the engine maintenance light was showing on the dashboard.

Rang Mitsubishi roadside assistance who said if the car was driving fine (which it is) then it's probably just the sensor and needs to be reset at a dealer. However, i'm not happy about this. Has anyone had a problem with this light coming on for apparently no obvious reason? I am thinking it's connected to me washing the car and then moving it straight away whilst it was still dripping wet. Maybe one of the leads got damp?

Would be interested to hear other people's experiences with this - will pop it into local dealer on monday to get it checked out just in case

Thanks.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/11/2008 at 20:33

2007 1.1 Anyone ever had problem with EML coming o - mfarrow
There's always a reason for the light coming on. Unless you disconnected anything under the bonnet to upset it then there's a fault recorded caused by the engine detecting an abnormality, which could cause damage.

Which 'sensor' are they on about? Ask then to name it, there could be a dozen under that bonnet.

Get them to pull their finger out and give you some customer service, even if they just refer you to the dealer.
2007 1.1 Anyone ever had problem with EML coming o - barleymo
After leaving car parked up for 4 hours on my drive, i started it up again and the EML has now reset itself and no longer stays on ! Very strange, but atleast it's fixed for now !
2007 1.1 Anyone ever had problem with EML coming o - Bill Payer
It could be something to do with excess fuel as the car was stopped soon after starting?

Although we often move our CZ1 out of the drive and back again and it's never lit up, or after being washed (with a hose).

I did drive a Peugeot company car with the EML on for 18mths - dealer would fix it and it would come back again in a few days.

Cars do throw up random errors - my Merc told me the front parking light had failed yesterday - got out and looked it was on. Got home and turned the engine off then back on again and the malfunction warning was gone.