2nd row of seats - how much room? - Chips with everything
Hi,

Due to a sudden change in personal circumstances, I need a car that will comfortably carry 3 adults, two children (in booster seats) and a Collie sized dog.

I don't really want to use the 3rd row of seats as there's going to be luggage (and the dog!) there - so am wondering if anyone here has managed this set up.

A VW Touran looks a better bet, as the middle seat in the 2nd row looks larger, but I'm not sure it is.

Just after an opinion before we all start going around car supermarkets,
Thanks in advance.
2nd row of seats - how much room? - Alanovich
The middle seat of the middle row of the Touran is easily big enough to accomodate an average size adult between two booster seats. Ours is often used like this, with a dog and a bit of luggage in the boot.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the helpful reply.

I was wondering, mainly due to budget restraints if a new model Zafira would also be suitable?

Has anyone used a Zafira with 2 booster seats in the back and another (smallish) person in the middle?

Thanks again.
2nd row of seats - how much room? - vtecfan
space is comparable I believe, tho I still would be buying a Touran from those two - got two friends who drive those every day and both are happy about the car they bought.
2nd row of seats - how much room? - Victorbox
I can get three 17 year olds (one being my daughter) sitting comfortably across the rear seat of a Zafira B - usually six teenagers in there in total. So two booster seats and a small one in the middle should be no problem. In fact when my kids were small I managed this in a Mk3 Cavalier with no problem and that was nowhere near as wide.
Thanks for all the replies - very helpful.
2nd row of seats - how much room? - shawad
It is a bit tight in the Zaffy, depending on how big your booster seats are. What about a C4 picasso? I'm led to believe that it has 3 same (full?) size seats in the middle row, and I'm sure you could pick up a low mileage second hand one at a car supermarket fairly cheaply given the usually horrendous Citroen depreciation.
Thanks, that's another option that I hadn't considered. It's also steered me towards looking at the Grand Scenic offered by Renault.

It seems you get a lot more for your money, but I'm slightly paranoid (justified or not) about French electrics - so will have to give it some thought.

We'll perhaps pop down to FOW this weekend and see what "ticks most of the boxes".

Thanks again.

Edited by Chips with everything on 01/11/2008 at 17:50