95 1.0 help air flow meter fix gone wrong - sillymanc
please help me

my k11 had a small misfire under small amounts of load and also didnt idle great, however also increased idle speed when revs brought down for a couple of secs and went normal?

i noticed that the air flow meters on the tb were often faulty and started with the soldering trick and its not worked in fact its now very much worse!! ive desided to work along the lines that its because of someting ive done first. does the plate that covers the sensor need to be totally air tight as not to allow ne to bepass the meter cos i couldnt be sure it was when replaced but didnt make ne differnce when engine run with plate off completely?

my friend did the soldering cos i cant see the contacts well enough could they be dameged now cos my friend was not finding it easy to melt the solder?

they are the two only things that i think could of gone wrong cos was very little striping, plugs, air hose and air box mounted correctly. there was a smell of unburned fuel and looked down the top of the tb and looked very wet now missfire very badly under ne load sum times dies and idle is a mess. am thinking if plate doesnt need to be air tight tb gonna,

many thanks mike
95 1.0 help air flow meter fix gone wrong - vulcan7
You need some one who can solder well mate, it's not a job to mess with.

Seal plate you don't want water or damp in. Try instant gasket or silicone

Easy fix just go to scrap yard and get one off a runner !
95 1.0 help air flow meter fix gone wrong - mfarrow
I suspect he's either damaged the unit, created a bridge across contacts (likely) or unsoldered something (unlikely).

If you don't know anyone else good (better?) at soldering then I'd get a new one. Make sure it's a genuine item (i.e. not cheap eBay carp).
95 1.0 help air flow meter fix gone wrong - sillymanc
many thanks for the help just to keep you posted i first tryed to seal the plate better and found that the plate was on the wrong way around think it was my fault and thought this was why air was getting in however air tight seal didnt improve at all and would say the plate being the wrong way around short circuit some of the points on the circuit board! tryed a £30 scrapiee and had to reuse one of the senors as was nicked and has worked. did give my head a nasty bang pulling off a vacum pipe lol. think all that over fueling have washed out the plugs cos there is a few flat spots and not ngks which i think are the best plugs, worth doing if been misfiring for a while?

must say i think this website is great and thanks to anyone who helps anyone defo if u been working on cars all day!!