2001 2.0 HDI Diesel Pressure Sensor????? - 6speed
Morning Gents,

Pulling my hair out with this one, any help much appreciated!!

Scudo van same as Peugeot Expert, 2.0 HDI, The problem is, heavy diesel knock, erratic reving, engine management light on, seems to improve when the engine is worm but still very hesitant and not really driveable, its over fueling as black smoke and strong diesel smell.

Put the scanner on it and it comes up with code 190 Diesel Pressure Sensor, If i pull wires of the Rail pressure sensor it goes to limp mode and runs lovely, no diesel knok, no hesitateing level idle. Changed the Pressure sensor, cleared codes and it runs perfect for 20-30mins it will then kind of hikup, then management light comes on and it goes to limp mode and again runs lovely but in limp mode??? Put the scanner on it and its code 190 pressure sensor again??? If i clear the codes and then leave the engine a couple of hours, the management light comes on as soon as i start it and goes directly to limp mode, is the fault some how temp related??

I have changed the diesel filter as i know these can cause strange behaviour with the HDI, I am now just scratching my head?? Any Ideas???

Thanks

6Spd
Anyone, any ideas??

Thanks

6spd
2001 2.0 HDI Diesel Pressure Sensor????? - Screwloose

What are you scanning it with? P0190 is an odd code for an HDi - even in a Fiat.

Measure the voltage on the rail sensor's 3 pins at idle. There have been terminal issues with that sensor's plug - modified section available. Are those wires continuous and isolated all the way back to the ECU?

What does the rail pressure look like in live data at idle and revved?

When left; does P0190 appear before engine start?

This could also be a pressure issue caused by excessive leak-off from an injector.
You hit the nail on the head!!

Found 3 suspect wires in the loom, cut them out and replaced them.....No fault all running good now!!

Lesson learnt, check the basics first!

Thanks

6spd