01 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - dclarkyboy
Hi

I have just replaced discs and pads all round and there is a warning light now lit on the dashboard and the message 'CHECK BRAKE PADS' flashes on the dash when I turn on the ignition. The symbol is an orange circle with 3 orange dashes either side of the circle, second one in from the left on the top row of warning lights.

This one isn't shown in my handbook so not sure what it is or what I have done wrong with the brakes. Brakes all work great.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Pugugly on 12/10/2008 at 20:42

03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - DP
Check the connectors to the wear sensors are tight, and that the wiring is undamaged.

03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - dclarkyboy
Thanks DP, will do.
03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - Dynamic Dave
Has your car got separate brake pad wear sensors? If so, then they will also need replacing.

That aside, your other post says your car is a 2001, but this one a 2003. Let me know which one is correct and I'll edit it for you. DD, BR Moderator.
03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - dclarkyboy
Hi

Not sure about the separate brake pad wear sensors, couldnt see any extra eletronics down there etc. Car is def a 2001 model, I must have had fat finger syndrome when I posted the question.

Thanks
03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - des troy
hi,ive just changed my back pads and discs on an 02 1.9tdi and have the same problem,i have checked all wires,fuses and reset the service message but i still have the warning light on,does yours make a warning noise aswell?its well annoying,
03 1.9TDi Warning Light on dashboard - Dynamic Dave
Would the rear brakes have wear sensors? I thought with most cars that had them fitted, only had them on the front. Could be wrong though.