06 2.2 Fuel consumption - JamesB10
I have covered 40k in my IS220 diesel and only get between 31 and 32 mpg (Shell ultimate). I only do long journeys and I am not a fast driver. I was surprised to find that when I drove an identical car the service agent lent me at the last service I got 47 mpg. All the Lexus agents Ihave contacted agree something is wrong with my car but none has yet said they can fix it. If someone knows what actually needs to be done to improve the consumption (or where I can definitely have it fixed) I would be interested to know as I really can not afford to go on as I am with this vehicle.
06 2.2 Fuel consumption - nutty_nissan
Have a look here, similar problems have been covered in the forum. Something to do with 5th injector replacement.
www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/

Good Luck!
06 2.2 Fuel consumption - JamesB10
Thanks but I have had that done and the EGR cleaned out/replaced but unfortunately it had no effect at all on the consumption.
06 2.2 Fuel consumption - Carse
James,

How are you calculating the MPG via the trip computer or measuring brim to brim, I suggest if you are getting it from the trip you should stop. Try filling the tank to the brim from empty, take the reading in litres from the pump, run until empty and then calculate the consumption, trip computers are very inaccurate.

If you are measuring brim to brim give it to Lexus and leave it until resolved (at their cost if possible)

Carse