03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - cc25
hi

my corsa club is a 2003 semi auto but in the last 2 weeks iv been having trouble with it and can't get it to start regularly!

it got towed to the nearest vauxhall dealership, they said it needed a new cluth actuator but then after a few days they said it was running fine, didnt need a new one after all and that i could collect it. had it for 3 days, it went fine but then the same thing happened, it refused to start.

rang vauxhall, they said to try hitting the right hand side of the gearbox with a hammer and it worked a few times but obviously i cant do this all the time.

so now it has to go back to vauhall on tues but they arent sure what is wrong with it so have to run more tests and have quoted me £850 for a new clutch actuator and labour and another £150 for a complete check or something.

does anyone know where i could buy a 2nd hand actuator if that turns out to be the problem or what exactly i should do? i live in northern ireland and no one seems to know how to fix an automatic : (

Edited by Pugugly on 03/10/2008 at 23:40

03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - topbloke
when you say easytronic do you mean an mta, normal gearbox but with electric gear selection and auto clutch as these are a nightmare pls confirm and i will try to help
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - elekie&a/c doctor
Before getting involved with a lot of expensive repairs ,I would suggest that the engine speed/crankshaft sensor be replaced.If this is problematic then not only will the car not start but also the gears cannot be selected as the control units are not able to see an engine speed reference voltage/signal.hth
hi

thanks for getting back to me, im not sure which it is, its like a smart car as it doesnt have a clutch pedal and u can drive it in auto or switch up and down the gears.
also 'F' comes up on the display but then once someone hits the side of the gear box it goes into netral and can be driven until its turned off.

vauxhall are just going to do some tests again this week as they said they honestly sure what is wrong with it and they are not used to working with automatics : (
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - Victorbox
When you say "Vauxhall" I guess you mean your local franchised dealer rather than Vauxhall. If your dealer isn't used to working on one of Vauxhall own products I would think it is time to use the services of another dealer who is.
right its an mta and when it will not start you get an f in the display (if it displays an f then it won't even crank so that rules out a crank snsor) i would assume that wacking the side of the box aint going to do any favours to the box so don't do it, can you give me any codes that they (the garage) have, engine codes and mta codes
lol it was the mechanic at vauxhall who told me to try hitting the side of the gear box just to get it started so it wouldnt have to be towed again. they didnt tell me any codes sorry, they just said it needed a new clutch actuator and then a few days later that it was fine and didnt need one

it's going to a different vauxhall dealership in the morning, thanks!
tell them that you want any codes stored in the ecu's written down and supplied to you let them try to diagnose the fault, report back to you, then tell them to hold fire on any repairs, post the codes and i will try to help
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - michelle1971
Did this matter ever get resolved?I am facing same problem and have posted a question about this as I didn't really know how to respond to this.I will have the codes for this tomorrow, if top bloke or someone else can help :) please......
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - tech1
hi guys had this problem dec 2008 , it is the crank sensor and the F on the display didnt alway's come on either , local garage changed it and havent had any problems since and my wife drives 53 miles a day to work and back
hope this helps rob
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - krkr
Hi

I have similar problem. Yesterday it worked without problem, today a cant get it start.
Blinking F on display.

We read the error code from the car, it is: p1607
and the meaning is: clutch actuator position control error

What is the solution?

Thanks
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - houndog
check the colour of the clutch fuild which you will find on the top of the gear box if its discoloured or has blacks bits of crap in it then the seals are gone in the actuator have this fault with my own car at the mo being told its going to cost over a grand. if you have the same prob and want to replace the gear box with a second hand one make sure you keep the ecu of your old gear box as it will need to be reprogrammed if you dont and try to use the ecu on the second gear box it wont work and vauxhall will try to sell you a new one at £6oo quid. sorry its not good news findin more more bad news about these gear boxes every day.
p.s check you dont have crank position error code up as well cos that also brings on the f and wont allow the car to start if its that your laughin new sensor is about £25.
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - mishmish
Hi
I have just purchased 08 Corsa Life Easytronic, then I ran into this forum and others not having a good word about the reliability of this type of transmition. Is there any thing that can be done to care for the care insuring its performance for a longer time or is a lost cause?
Thanks
03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - part time machanic

Hi i have the same problem when the car displayed f did you car engine still turn over or was it completly dead no engine noise at all? Mine doesnt turn over at all

03 1.1 Easytronic gearbox might need replacing - kd1

hi also got nearly all them probz and some.my o3corsa also easitronic has f on dashboard but mine is stuck in gear, mechanic has tried hitting right side of gearbox with no luck,and fault codes of p1725 and p1726 are coming up.he says its gearbox actuator. as a newbe on here dont now if im doing this right but if anyone could advise or help in any way or know where i can recondition one of these if its poss i would be in great dept to you.he has also ruled out crankshaft sensor and says box really low on oil in box so seems to think its leaked into actuator.thanx again.