2001 2.0 HDI Fuel Pressure - Turpin
Hi can anyone help? We have a 307 HDI 90 bhp 2001 'Y', vehicle brings up two fault codes when it goes into fault mode P1113 Diesel High Pressure monitoring pressure controller at stop & P1198 Diesel High Pressure monitoring flow regulator at stop. When we clear the codes, the vehicle runs okay as long as its not under load or if you ask for full throttle. As soon as you request full throttle the Anti Pollution light and Management Light on the dash comes on and the vehicle goes into limp mode. Sometimes after the lights on if you shut the vehicle off it does not start, you have to leave it for 30 mins to an hour then the vehicle will start again. Can anyone help? Thanks
2001 2.0 HDI Fuel Pressure - RichardW
Possibly sounds like the fuel rail pressure sensor is giving funny readings. What are you running it on? Screwloose reports these give trouble if the car is run on supermarket diesel.
It is possible would need to check with customer. Any idea where I would get pressure sensor? many thanks
2001 2.0 HDI Fuel Pressure - Number_Cruncher
Before throwing parts at it, I would want to see the live data for the fuel pressure sensor, and the regulator.

I would want to satisfy myself that the fault isn't actually that the regulator isn't opening, and that the sensors are actually telling the truth.

Is the regulator part of the high pressure pump on these?

Thanks for your assistance. It appears to be a fuel leak on the rail it wasn't visual initial, it came more visual after replacing injector pipes. Air gone out the system and fault rectified. Many thanks for your help. Car developed yet another problem on road test, vehicle at steady speed, throttle tends to acccelarate and deaccelarate, very difficult to notice but throttle got a mind of its own. Any ideas? Thanks
2001 2.0 HDI Fuel Pressure - Screwloose

That "cure" sounds rubbish. Those codes should mean the regulator is fully open [at it's stop] and the pressure is still sub that commanded.

P1113 is "EDC16C3 - Diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Rail pressure below minimum pressure."

P1198 is "SID801 - Diesel high pressure monitoring. Flow regulator (VCV) at stop."

Those are "either/or" codes; depending on the make of the fuelling, you should get one - not both??

"A fuel rail leak that became apparent after changing the pipes;" raises more questions than it answers? There is no air in a system running at 25,000lbf/sq/in...!

An injector leak-off rate test is your next move.