1999 1.9D 'Lights On' buzzer not working - menmyvectra
My Daughter's Polo has a 'Lights On' buzzer that's not working. It should buzz if she leaves the lights on and opens the driver's door. Also it should work if the lights are off, but she activates the either side parking lights via the indicator stalk and opens the driver's door. Neither activates the buzzer. I read that the buzzer is integral to the instrument cluster, cannot be changed, but rarely goes faulty anyway. Apparently the most common fault is the driver's door switch, but I've tested the switch and it is definately working. Does anyone know if the buzzer is activated by a relay? I've looked at the Haynes wiring diagram and it doesn't show how the buzzer is triggered by the door switch. I'm guessing it's the same buzzer as for the low oil pressure warning because I can't see another. Any help to clear the fog appreciated. Thanks Steve.
1999 1.9D 'Lights On' buzzer not working - elekie&a/c doctor
If I recall it works thro the ignition switch so the buzzer only works with key out of steering lock.Iwould think the quickest and cheapest option is to fit an aftermarket buzzer wired from the lighting circuit to the door pillar switch.hth