03 1.2 Exhaust Emissions Warning Lamp - moonman
I have a frustrating problem with my petrol engined Polo, and I suspect the garage are running out of ideas.

Recently the emissions warning light came on. The garage advised that the Lambda sensor had failed and so we had it replaced. A couple of months later the light came on again and I returned the car to the garage. They replaced the Lambda sensor again, on warranty, blaming a dodgy part. Within the last few weeks the light has come on yet again, and so I took it back to the garage. They now appear a bit puzzled as to why the sensor keeps failing. I am losing confidence that they know how to diagnose and fix this problem. Has anyone had a similar problem, or have any suggestions?
03 1.2 Exhaust Emissions Warning Lamp - allastairs
have similar problem with a 2.0 petrol sharan ?????
03 1.2 Exhaust Emissions Warning Lamp - jacq
I have a 52 reg Polo 1.2 with a very similar problem. The lambda sensor has been changed but the light still comes on intermittently with the same lambda/catalytic converter fault codes. When the light is on the car fails its emissions tests at 2500 rpm, but is fine at idle.
I spoke to VW today about it and all they can suggest is taking it to a VW dealer. No thanks.
Have you got any further?
03 1.2 Exhaust Emissions Warning Lamp - Seraph1m
Ive had the same problem for the last 6 months or so. In the end it was (or so I hope it was) the RPM sensor, i dont know how its called in English, it just a guess. However the spare part number is 030 906 433. The car is VW Polo 2004.

Hope that helps a bit.

03 1.2 Exhaust Emissions Warning Lamp - bell boy
i posted the answer to this the other week
it needs a proper new cat not a micky mouse copy