05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - Aledamanda
Wondering if anyone is able to help please........

My MOT is due and when giving my car a once over I have found the the middle rear seat belt is jammed tight against the seat and I cannot release it (it has never been used but am afraid it will make my car fail its MOT!)

I have dropped the seats but cannot get to the seat belt mechanism- does anyone know how I go about stripping the rear seats down to get to the mechanism to see if it can easliy be un-jammed please ?

Many thanks in anticipation for your help:)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/09/2008 at 22:48

05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - Pugugly
Have you done a forum search - I have a vague memory of a question being asked before - possibly on a BMW.
05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - Pugugly
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=31059&...f

Found this -relates to a Ford Mondeo but there might be a similar system in the BMW. Is it just out of Warranty ?
05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - injection doc
whatever you do , do not attempt to strip a seat belt inertia system!. They have the most violent spring in them that when you dismantle can tear your hand apart! I have seen it done with massive injuries. Fortunatley not my own.
Rgds I Doc
05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - nottsruss
Release seat back catch and slam seat back down to horizontal position very hard , this activates inertia and releases to normal tension.
cheers nottsruss
05 M sport - middle rear seatbelt jammed - Collos25
Surely the car is still under the manufacturers gaurantee.