1995 2.5 immobilliser - welderjames
ahh what have i done,,another problem with me p38,,
this range rover of mine has disabled the engine,,,
the remote, i assumed wasnt working,,so i changed the batteries,,,,,no good,
the lcd display is saying "engine immobilised,press remote,"
and if you open the car with the key the alarm goes off,,
so now the car is sitting outside with the battery disconnected,,
is this a job for the landrover garage ?or is there another fix,,
ive tried leaving ignition on etc and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again,,,but no good,,,,any help greatly appreciated,,,,,,james.
1995 2.5 immobilliser - Davidss
Do you have the EKA code?
Instructions on use are in the Owners Handbook (and even if you normally ignore reading instructions, you will need these in one hand while you operate the key with the other hand).
If you don't have the EKA you can get this from your dealer, probably at a small cost, but do be prepared to prove ownership of this car by paperwork.

Note that you cannot re-synchronise a key fob while the alarm is set (Red LED flashing at the base of the windscreen). Whatever was 'wrong' before you changed the fob batteries, the fob probably lost synchronisation during the battery change.

I'm assuming you don't have a second fob, otherwise that should open the car, switch off the alarm, and you can then resynchronise the first fob.

To stop you wasting more money, new fobs are ONLY available from the Dealer, it will seem expensive, but is better value for money than a fob bought of an auction site, as you can NEVER exchange fobs from one car to another. Change the blade by all means, and have a very expensive mechanical key, that confusingly looks like a normal fob, but it's still a mechanical key.

Make sure the EKA that the dealer / Land Rover have on record is still valid for your car before you spend on a fob. In 13 years it's always possible someone has changed the keyset and failed to record the change on the central database.

Good Luck
1995 2.5 immobilliser - welderjames
an update,,
i dont have any books or codes for the car,,didnt expect them when buying it it is fairly old,,,
so no codes etc,,,,
i have booked it in to landrover garage on wednesday,,,
im guessing a new key is the way to go,,,,,
as it can only be this that is broken,,as the button flashes but wont open the doors or disarm the alarm,
,,,its as if it is dead,,,but the fob still flashes,,,
has to be the signal going haywire,,,,
****will the garage take five minutes to re programme a key,,,****
****or is it a mission to do this,,****

many thanks,,james,,