Tow Ball Mounted Cycle Carrier - tack
I need to get a tow ball fitted to my C4 Picasso so I can mount a cycle carrier (can't use one that hangs off the hatch back and I don't want a roof one)

Question is........do I need to have electrics fitted for a light board. The rear lights on the C4 Picasso are quite high up and are right at the edge of the body. It looks like mounted bikes may not interfere with viewing of lights. Any views? Ta
Tow Ball Mounted Cycle Carrier - Pugugly
Its a simple test - if you can see all the lights from a reasonable distance behind and none of them are obstructed you're legal. Your number plate also has to be visible and illuminated. And you need to consider how far it projects behind the car.
Tow Ball Mounted Cycle Carrier - SlidingPillar
Being an eternal optimist, I'd have hoped that anyone quoting to install a tow bar would assume the electrics are wanted and the quote included them. Quite a lot of cars do have a plug for tow electrics so installation is easy.
Tow Ball Mounted Cycle Carrier - Manatee
Not forgetting the number plate and its illumination of course?

Electrics can be quite pricey now - with multiplex car electrics the safest way is the dedicated plug in wiring, none of the Scotch-locking a few wires in.

edit - sorry to repeat PU's comment on the number plate - missed that!

Edited by Manatee on 18/09/2008 at 22:27

Tow Ball Mounted Cycle Carrier - boxsterboy
Talking of tow-ball mounted bike carriers, I prefer the ones that bolt to the plate on which (traditional) tow-balls are themselves bolted (if you see what I mean) rather than the ones that clamp onto the tow-ball. But a lot of modern tow-balls have detachable necks, and I don't think my prefered type would be compatible with this.