00 2.0 Water Ingress - shambles
Hi. We have a water ingress problem that we are struggling to cure. We are getting water on the drivers side of the car both in the passenger footwell behind the driver and the drivers footwell. Our driveway slopes downwards and the car is parked so that water could flow from the back of the car to the front, so as far as I can see we either have one leak at the back which is then running to the front (if this is possible?) or two leaks, front and back. The local ford dealership has not been particularly helpful, they've had a hose on it and can't trace the leak. They say their next step is to strip all the seats and carpet out and turn the hose on it again (the cost will be fairly substantial).
I've read a lot of posts on this site regarding water ingress & the majority of the problems seem to occur on the passenger side and be caused by a leaking pollen filter.
Is it possible that our problem is being caused by a faulty pollen filter or is there another known fault?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Simon.
00 2.0 Water Ingress - Adam {P}
Hi Simon,

I had a very similar problem with my Focus although I just experienced the driver's and passenger's footwell being completely soaked.

Give me two minutes and I'll try and find the thread.
00 2.0 Water Ingress - Adam {P}
Here we go! Hope it's of some use to you.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25852&...f