Sat Nav - bickyboi
I have recently purchased a used 2006 laguna II 2.0dci Initiale hatchback with the built in Sat-nav system. Unfortunately on purchase the sat-nav disc was missing and i thought it would be an easy task to buy one to go in the car.
However, having been firstly to a local main dealer and then to Renault UK themselves i'm still waiting for a reply on the correct disc of the many available.
With any of the discs they've supplied i get an error message of "disc read eror- insert original map dvd rom". Does this mean i need the ACTUAL disc that came with the car, or perhaps the system has never been used, as the instruction manual was still wrapped in plastic?
The car has the Cabbasse auditorium fitted and all the other features work fine (radio, phone etc).
I even asked my dealer if they had any 06 lagunas with sat-nav so i could try the disc from that car, but they were very unco-operative about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bickyboi
Sat Nav - NowWheels
i get an error message of "disc read eror- insert original map dvd rom".

Have you considered the possibility that the DVD reader is broken? (That might be why the disc was not in the car, to avoid drawing attention to the broken hardware)
Sat Nav - rtj70
I too would be suspicious the sat nav does not work - hence the missing disk. What did the seller say about it's whereabouts?

The fact you bought this without testing it means you might have a problem.
Sat Nav - jase1
Common fault, the failed transports in these.

My ex-boss has a Megane with a similar system -- faulty DVD transport -- expensive to fix and very common failure point according to the dealer.

(edit: it's a Megane rather than a Laguna).

Edited by jase1 on 13/09/2008 at 19:11

Sat Nav - bickyboi
To be honest, if it's more than £150 to replace I'll just get a Tom Tom (or similar). I've been quoted anywhere from £95 to £150 for a new disc alone.