03 2.2dti Injector seals - Ben Thilthorpe

I have had my Vectra from new as a company car so drove it nearly every day. In 2006 I went on holiday and left it for 10 days. When I returned it would not start, but eventually it did. I took into my local dealer and they could not find any problem with it. Since then I have taken it back a couple of times with this problem but they could not find any fault with it. As I drove it almost every day this problem very rarely happened. Recently I bought this car from my company for my wife to use. As she now only uses it on the odd occasion this is happening all the time. I have taken it back to the dealer and they have now found the problem 'Injector seals' and want £500 to replace.

Is this something they should check for when investigating this type of problem and should they have picked this up when I initially took it in?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ben
03 2.2dti Injector seals - Screwloose
Ben

In a word - Yes.

The fuel draining back from cracks in the rubbish-quality leak-off hoses and failing intermediate seals in the injectors are a very well-known Vauxhall problem that goes back over a decade.
03 2.2dti Injector seals - prm72
Just do the leak off pipes and T pieces first, a lot cheaper and quicker, very common as screwloose says, if that fails to cure then have the injector seals done.
03 2.2dti Injector seals - adverse camber
I would be complaining and pointing out that the fault came up while it was under warranty and they failed to fix it.

03 2.2dti Injector seals - SpamCan61 {P}
Quite frankly if a Vx dealer didn't check the leak off pipes and injector seals first for the reported fault I wouldn't trust them to check my screenwash :-((