Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - Stuart M
Hello All,

Just a quick one - does anyone have any suggestions for where to go to get my driver's seat repaired? I have a hole about the size of a small apple in the cloth on the right-hand verticle bolster (from getting in and out over the past 140000 miles!) which I would like to get sorted.

Some people have recommended leathering the bolsters, which I don't want to do (expense, and I don't like the look) and another place has said there isn't enough meterial to take from anywhere else on the car (as apparently the original cloth is hard to get hold of). It's a 1991 H-Reg Audi Coupe.

Any suggestions (or offers of very cheap replacement original seats) much appreciated!

Cheers,

Stuart
Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - Ian (Cape Town)
Tried the local scrapyards?
Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - jc
Look in "Practical Classics" or similar;a number of firms offer repair or repair kits.
Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - Armitage Shanks{P}
If you have, or can get, the reference number of the trim cloth you might find it thru a search on the amazing Google search engine. A few weeks ago a chap found a 1941 radio valve which he needed for restoring a vintage radio, via Google, so a bit of seat fabric might turn up too! Good luck!
Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - Stuart M
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

Stuart
Driver's Seat Repair - Audi - springyboy
Stuart
Had the same problem on my 81 coupe, took ages to locate some cloth, I think this came from a firm in Blackpool who advertise in the Audi magazine. They had the cloth spare after leatherising another car. I got the actual repair done locally by Wimshurst and Son, 10 - 12 Culverden Down Tunbridge Wells Kent
01892 521177. Did an excellent job.

Not sure about the cloth on a 91 car, but the 81 uses two patterns and I think the bit for the bolsters came from the rear of a front seat, but it is not a symmetrical pattern and due to the need to cut appropriate shapes to fit the bolster the repair had to be done with the pattern running the wrong way. It's hard to spot unless you know and it still looks nice.

Good luck in tracking down some cloth, if not maybe leather for the bolsters is the only option.