Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - L'escargot
When you buy a new car, do you choose one that is in the showroom or do you order one to your required colour and with your required factory fitted options?
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - Altea Ego
Depends on what you negotiate - in order of best deals = Most people end up buying what the dealer has in stock, what the network has in country or whats due on the next ship.

Factory order with options usually means long wait with the minimum of discounts.
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - NARU
All down to the deal!

But check the showroom model for scratches - especially if its black!
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - L'escargot
Factory order with options usually means long wait with the minimum of discounts.

Factory order with options means getting exactly what you want, not compromising. If I'm going to spend umpteen thousand pounds I'm not going to spoil the ship (alright, car) for a ha'porth of tar.
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - mlj
I wanted a non - standard Berlingo last year when I was looking to buy: the first dealer said this would be a special order and would take three months. The second dealer found precisely what I wanted and delivered it in less than two weeks. Some dealers try harder than others I guess.
>> Factory order with options usually means long wait with the minimum of discounts.
Factory order with options means getting exactly what you want not compromising. If I'm going
to spend umpteen thousand pounds I'm not going to spoil the ship (alright car) for
a ha'porth of tar.

Thats fine and understabdable. You will just pay a little more for that than others who are less demanding.
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - andyfr
Thats fine and understabdable. You will just pay a little more for that than others
who are less demanding.

Depends where you buy from. Lots of Internet brokers out there who will easily beat a local dealer.
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - jase1
Depends where you buy from. Lots of Internet brokers out there who will easily beat
a local dealer.

Yes, but you can still end up paying massively more for a car with options from a broker than the dealer.

I nearly bought a brand-new Primera from a broker a few years back. £8400 for the car, but there was no way of getting it with options at that price. Cost with toys would have been £9700+whatever specifications I was after. The £8400 covered the car and a choice of colour and that was it.
Yes but you can still end up paying massively more for a car with options
from a broker than the dealer.

Brokers are like dealers, some are better than others. Obviously it makes sense to check out the full price with all options from both dealers and brokers and then make an informed decision.
SQ
Brokers are like dealers some are better than others. Obviously it makes sense to check
out the full price with all options from both dealers and brokers and then make
an informed decision.

Indeed - and a broker price for a car thats already "in the chain" will be still be cheaper than one they have to source ex factory. Its pure supply and demand. Cars that have landed have to be shifted and hence will be a better price. Cars the punter ordered from the factory dont and wont. But thats your choice in new car ordering.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/09/2008 at 11:32

Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - jase1
Brokers are like dealers some are better than others. Obviously it makes sense to check
out the full price with all options from both dealers and brokers and then make
an informed decision.

Oh this was a good deal alright -- the dealers were selling 2-year-old examples of the same car for £10,000 (the full value of the car was some £14,500 -- I'm still kicking myself for cancelling given the £6000 saving!!).

The £9700 was still a decent price -- but the cheaper ones were undoubtedly better.
Factory order with options means getting exactly what you want not compromising. If I'm going
to spend umpteen thousand pounds I'm not going to spoil the ship (alright car) for
a ha'porth of tar.

Exactly! Unless it was the identical car in the colour and with the options I was going to order, and a considerable saving on a factory order there is no way I would buy one from a showroom.
Buying a new car ~ out of showroom or ordered - Optimist
Depends on the make, I suppose, but some lead times from the factory can be a matter of weeks these days so you can have exactly what you want.

Since you're probably one of the few people buying new at present, snail, I'd have thought you'd do ok and would be interested to know how you get on.

Good luck.

>Depends on the make, I suppose, but some lead times from the factory can be a matter >of weeks these days

Rarely less than 6 weeks