05 1.6 Engine warning light - stuartmc
Can anyone advise on a warning light problem with Streetka 1.6? It's my daughter's car and she tells me the engine warning light came on yesterday and remains on all the time. She also tells me the car seems to be driving fine at the moment.

She did have problems with the light flashing a few months ago, just after the car was serviced. At that time she returned it to the garage and it came back fixed. Sounded to me as if they disturbed a connection or something?

I'll be visiting her in a week or so so can take a look then, but would be helpful to have some ideas, also if it indicates a serious problem developing.

Tks

Stuart
05 1.6 Engine warning light - jc2
Which light-emissions,oil,water temp.???.What did the garage say last time?
She tells me it's the one that has the symbol of an engine on it, lower left by the rev counter and the book says it is the 'engine warning light' but no indication of what may be the problem when it comes on. She says there are separate warnings for oil pressure, temp etc.

The garage didn't tell her anything (that she can remember), but they didn't charge her.

Stuart
05 1.6 Engine warning light - jc2
That one would normally need a "code read" but if they did not charge her anything,it could have been a duff connection.
05 1.6 Engine warning light - Sonya
Hi I havea an 04 Streetka and exactly the same thing has happned to mine. Im gonna give the garage a ring tomorrow but would be interested to know what the outcome is with yours. I had a problem with it overheating a few weeks ago and had the thermostat replaced bbut the engine warning light came on the day I got it back from the garage. When I took it back he just put the computerised wotsit on it and the light went out but now two weeks later its back on. It is running perfect tho . Very odd !
05 1.6 Engine warning light - Screwloose
Sonya

Knowing the exact number of the fault-code that's putting the light on would be useful.
05 1.6 Engine warning light - Sonya
Thanx .Will be taking it into the garage on monday and will ask the same guy what the code is. although I do sometimes feel that some garages maybe don't listen to the female customer as much as they would a guy . No disrespect if you happen to work in a garage
Went over to see my daughter at the weekend....apparently she took the car back to get the 'engine' light checked out and they say the warning light problem is connected with other problems she has had with the heater(!). Whatever they did, the light is now off again and they're now replacing 'a valve' on the heater for her for free as it's a common problem.

With regard to the heater - for some reason the aircon has never worked in this car (from a year old when she bought it from the local main agent). They told her it wasn't covered by the warranty so she's never bothered to get it fixed as it's a soft-top anyway. The main agent wasn't interested in the problem so she won't use them any more. Next, the heater stuck on full hot (this was apparently fixed by her local garage), lately the heater is only blowing cold so it's about to go back for the valve to be replaced. She's been pretty disappointed with this car and with the main agent as her old Ka got thrashed around for 3 years without a single problem. I doubt she would buy Ford again.

Stuart