2003 800cc Heater only blowing cold air - Kelster
Hi there!

I seem to have a problem with my heater only blowing cold air in my Deawoo Matiz.

I have had this problem quite alot to be honest! I had my heater matrix and thermostate replaced about 9 months ago, and my head gasket was also replaced a month later!

It worked fine afterwards, but I haven't had to use the hot air since. I tried using it the other morning in my journey to work (15 mins long) and it didnt heat up at all......stone cold!

I am wondering if you may know of a reason for this that i could fix myself, and save me another expensive trip to the garage??!

Many thanks

Kelly
2003 800cc Heater only blowing cold air - Dynamic Dave
I take it the temperature gauge is indicating where it normally would?

Also, have you checked the coolant level?
Yeah the temperature gauge seems fine. The engine fan came on the other day though after a short journey (it doesn't normally), I dont know if that has anything to do with it?

No, i haven't checked the coolant level, I have read that this might be the problem. Do I just need to top it up then? Sorry, I haven't a clue about engines!

Many thanks

Kel
2003 800cc Heater only blowing cold air - Dynamic Dave
Do I just need to top it up then?

If its low - then yes. Otherwise you risk trashing your engine as could overheat.
Ok, I will check.

Many thanks for you help.

2003 800cc Heater only blowing cold air - jc2
And if you do need to top it up,make sure you use water/antifreeze mix.
Hey,

I checked my coolant level last night and is fine, its at max and doesnt need topping up.

Does anyone know what else may be the problem. I have had my heater matrix and thermostate replaced, and also my head gasket.

Is there anything else that could be causing my heater to blow out freezing cold air?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kel
2003 800cc Heater only blowing cold air - doctorchris
It's likely that there's an airlock in the cooling system. The correct procedure may not have been followed when filling and bleeding the system following replacement of the parts mentioned.
On some cars, if the heater is switched off when filling the cooling system this isolates the heater and it does not fill and bleed properly. The heater should be switched on when filling and bleeding the system. However, this seems to be more of a feature of much older cars.
I do not know the filling and bleeding procedure for a Matiz but it usually involves opening up any bleed valves until coolant emerges from them, then closing them. Sometimes this needs to be performed with a warm, running engine.
If you know what you are doing try this, or ask a garage to look at it.
That's great, thank you I will try this.