2003 2.7 Intermitant Gear Box Fault - Martin-Darwen
I have a 53 plate Jeep, Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD, with 47k on the clock, and recently it has started having a problem with the auto box, when I start the car the lights on the gear box do not light up, the car will move forwards and back on its own power but when I apply gas nothing happens, but it is intermittent, I used the car this morning and it was fine but went to use it again an hour later and it took me 45 mins of turning the car on and off to get it to work, has anybody ever herd of anything like this or can anyone help, even went to my mechanic and he was stumped, please help !!!!!!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/08/2008 at 14:32

2003 2.7 Intermitant Gear Box Fault - MerlinTec
Hi
Sounds like the sifter module is shot and will probably need replacing. The sifter module is gear lever but can?t say for sure until you have it plugged and see if there are any sifter fault codes but it is a fault I have had before.
2003 2.7 Intermitant Gear Box Fault - Martin-Darwen
took advice and took the car to jeep garage, they plugged it in and it was apparently the gear selector had gone and needed replacing cost £445 + vat parts & £385 +vat labor not an easy fix.
2003 2.7 Intermitant Gear Box Fault - james hanton
i have a 53 reg crd and have the same fault what did you do and what did it cost regards james
2003 2.7 Intermitant Gear Box Fault - the englishman in france
i have a 53 reg crd and have the same fault what did you do and what did it cost regards james

i to have a gearbox problem on my 2002 crd she blocks in second or third gear, turning off the motor and restarting used to help,but in the end nothing worked, now my dealer has told me the box is u/s and has changed it, 7000€ worth, took her out of the garage and 10 miles down the road she blocked agan, the dealer said the new box is faulty! today a friend said that the gear shift is electric, could this be the problem, help please i dont know what to do next. thanks in advance for any replys