2004 2.2DCi 7 Turbo's, 3 Intercoolers, what do I d - The Cherrys
Hi, I got bitten by the bugs on the later shape (2004 on) DCi's with the turbo's and intercoolers failing amongst other things. But now my extended warranty has left than a year to run, and the car looks like its going to have another replacement turbo and intercooler, what do I do now because Nissan obviously have not really fixed the problem? At just over 54K miles is it acceptable for Nissan to just keep changing the items until the warranty runs out without addressing the underying cause?

I drive fairly economically (sometimes get over 40mpg), I fill up with Shell fuel most of the time, I treat the vehicle carefully and I change the oil and filter every 6K miles, not the advised 12K. I also have the air and fuel filter changed ahead of schedule too. I tow small trailers fairly regularly and a large one occasionally.

The intercooler and pipes around it are leaking again, so it sounds like another turbo is on its way out (booked in tomorrow). This is in addition to a whole host of problems with the gearbox (now replaced) but still not selcting smoothly, timing chain changed, timing guides changed and some other more minor items. The car has been into Sturgess at Leicester so many times and for so many weeks at a time (I have to say they have been pretty good & very understanding).

Nissan themselves (or should I say the RAC who are Nissan apparently run UK Customer Service) have been less than understanding, I managed to squeeze a years extended warranty out of them which the dealer and myself topped up to 2 years to try and get these issues sorted out. The thing is, is it acceptable for them to just keep changing these items and not addressing the cause of the problem?

I feel like taking a small-claims action against them for the cost of a replacement engine because of there reluctance to address an underlying issue. The inconvenience you go through when it's off the road (try getting a hire car with a tow bar ..?). Banging another turbo on every 8K miles until the warranty runs out & then trying to wash their hands of it surely cannot be right.

I would like to keep the vehicle quite a lot longer (it drives beautifully), if anyone can give me some advice as I don't want to be forking out for huge bills after next April I would appreciate it.

I'm sorry to say we bought the vehicle on Honest John's recommendations, I can see now why he withdrew this. I blame Renault meddling about with Nissan!

Thanks, Peter