Anyone bought tyres on line? - Huw
How was it for you? The prices tempt but was the service ok?

www.tyres-sold-online.co.uk/homes.htm
Anyone bought tyres on line? - lezebre
The prices seem keen compared to some of the high street chains, but not particularly good against some independents or other web suppliers IMHO.

A few of the tyres offered haven't been updated for quite a long time. One of the Bridgestones is described as being "new for 1999"!
When I bought my Yoko A539s from Demon Tweeks almost two years ago, they were described as being "the successor to the A520", However, tyres-sold-online still don't offer the A539, only the older model,(I only looked in my size, the 15s) and, worse, describe the A520 as a "brand new pattern".
Anyone bought tyres on line? - The Watcher
I've seenthese adverts with rock bottom prices. I guess they are fine if you can fit the tyre to the wheel yourself but how many can?

If youcan't I guess the local ATS or tyre man will charge a fortune to fit the tyre to your wheel. Has anyone saved money with these?
Fitting is free (Joke)when you pay £15 for a valve and balance (Sound of nobody laughing at joke.)

The potential savings don't seem to make it worth ignoring your 'friendly' neighbourhood tyre man.
Anyone bought tyres on line? - Graham
Huw: Is that per tyre or for the lot?
Prices are per tyre. In my next life I am going to be a tyre fitter.
Anyone bought tyres on line? - Cyd
Tyres online were roughly 40% more expensive than my local dealers when I replaced my boots recently.

Goodyear Eagle F1 in 215/45ZR17 in March 2002:
T-on-L = £144 ea
Britannia (Hinckley) = £106ea
Jim Jeffrey (Warrington) = £102ea

Same was true of a couple of other makes too.
That seems to put that one to bed then - buy on line if you want to pay more. I shall rule it out of future deliberations.
Hold on - Try this site. www.mytyres.net/start.html
Anyone bought tyres on line? - MarkyMarkD
Interesting you should mention Britannia in Hinckley.

I thought they were good value, and they have adverts in the local press which suggest that they don't take the P like other tyre sellers.

But they wouldn't price match another local place - Walkers - who seem to have unbelievably good prices on Goodyears. This was just on little 155/70x13s for the wife's car.

Back to online tyre places. Have you looked at www.tyres-online.co.uk? Only £5.29 for valve/balance - total price £33 for 155/70TR13 Goodyear GT2s (but I paid £27 at Walkers). And they fit at your house.