prices - milney
Hello there, im thinking about buying a porsche cayenne and getting it LPG converted(if it isnt already).
I read an article in the news section about one going for £10200 in july.
Was that a one off or are prices at auction often below £14500 ?
If i have to get it converted then id like to pay £11500 tops really,do you think i stand much chance? thanks milney
prices - Pugugly
Plenty on the Autotrader site......
prices - motorprop
before you buy check it's suitable for an LPG conversion and remember performance will drop 20% - also check LPG is actually available in your area ( have posted about this before , often LPG stations run dry or suffer technical problems )
prices - Downesi1
"remember performance will drop"

Misleading information.

Having converted and run an ML320 Mercedes for 18 months I can confirm that you will not see a noticable difference.

You will in the pocket though...
prices - Cris_on_the_gas
Whast the point of spending all that money on a sports car and then trying to save a few pence per mile by running it on gas. Might as well buy a Honda Jazz and get 50 mpg
prices - Mapmaker
>>Whast the point of spending all that money on a sports car

Sports car??? Are we talking about the same Cayenne? Looks like a tank?
prices - maz64
Sports car??? Are we talking about the same Cayenne? Looks like a tank?

Perhaps he was thinking of a Cayman?
prices - madf
Well the insurance costs are not going to be cheap, nor are the service bills, nor is the VED so why convert to LPG?

After all when you factor in the conversion costs, it will take a LONG time to recover them.

Buy an expensive 4x4 and run on a shoestring? Seems 100% illogical to me.. but wdik.

prices - Falkirk Bairn
Cayenne - VW Touareg on Steroids
Cayman - Boxster with a hard roof

Easy way to distinguish
prices - madf
As if anyone would think of a Cayman on LPG?
:-))
prices - audiA6tdi
Remember there is probably more to go wrong if its converted. I only say this as my friend did an LPG on his Range Rover and had endless problems with fuel pumps and things going wrong. I no it can be down to the quality of the LPG conversion but he spent a fair bit and never made the money back when he sold it. He worked out that it would have been cheaper to run the car on petrol and to not have the conversion done at all.
Now the price of fuel has come down I think less people will be looking at LPG. Also the cost of LPG is quite expensive now from what it used to be.
prices - Nickdm
In Dubai in October, as the credit crunch was unfurling, used Cayennes were fetching more than the list price of new ones. People don't like to wait-list for 6 months, so pay more for a car available immediately. One columnist said that you'd earn more cash by ordering a new Cayenne than by putting your money in a savings account..!