M6 Brum 5.00 am - Alby Back
Just a quickie, found out about an hour ago that I have to be in Somerset v-early ( 07.30 ) tomorrow. Can't be bothered to set off from Cheshire now so will just get up early. Normally I use the M6 toll to get past Brum in a morning but as I'm heading towards the M5 the more direct route would be down the "old" M6. Is the traffic likely to be OK between 4.45 and 5.15 AM ? Or should I still use the toll. Can't afford to be late. Fairly important meeting scheduled.

M6 Brum 5.00 am - Bromptonaut
While you cannot legislate for crashes etc I'd be very surprised if congestion were a problem at that hour.
M6 Brum 5.00 am - gordonbennet
IMO you'll be fine at that time Humph unless there's been a problem, roughly 6.30 before the build ups usually start at jct 10 and its a lot shorter and quicker than the toll, which does take you a long way off route.

Safe journey tomorrow.
Thanks !
M6 Brum 5.00 am - Pugugly
Diary pages got stuck together ?
Heh heh ! No, just one of those opportunities when one asks "how high? " when the subject of jumping is mentioned.

;-)
I've got to go to somewhere called Corris on Thursday, I can only imagine it as a cold an very wet place. Perhaps I'll just chance it on the Sat Nav.
Never heard of that one. Where is it supposed to be near ?
Nowhere -hence the challenge.
M6 Brum 5.00 am - b308
Probably will be, its up one of the valleys and used to be a slate mining village - take the road to Machynlleth and turn right up the A487... got a Railway Museum and one of those "small craft centre" shops there!

Edited by b308 on 19/08/2008 at 22:47

That the tepee settlement near Llanidloes ?
M6 Brum 5.00 am - gordonbennet
And i'll bet a pound to a penny that PU finds a nice little cafe tucked away there too..;)
Yeah, just watch the herbal content of the home baking !
M6 Brum 5.00 am - midlifecrisis
I can confirm that between 4-6 am the M6/M5 is dead. Usually just HGVs and the odd bored Policeman ;)
Thanks MLC, I'll make a point of keeping an eye out for odd policemen.

;-)
There's plenty of them around!!
Sailed through and back again as it happens. Thanks all.

P.S. Managed to avoid eye contact, or any other sort in fact, with the odd Policemen.
M6 Brum 5.00 am - Avant
In the Signum or the Mondeo Humph? I wonder which one you decided to keep.
Still have both but used the Signum today. Decision is sort of made by a friend having made a surprise but very reasonable offer for the Mondeo. Just have to get around to sorting that out. Useless at that sort of thing really. Good job I allegedly have other skills !
M6 Brum 5.00 am - jag
these odd policemen, are they odd peculiar or odd as in scattered around the motorway? jag.
these odd policemen are they odd peculiar or odd as in scattered around the motorway?
jag.

Both :)
M6 Brum 5.00 am - cheddar
Probably will be its up one of the valleys and used to be a slate
mining village - take the road to Machynlleth and turn right up the A487... got
a Railway Museum and one of those "small craft centre" shops there!

Yep, been there nice area, often used to camp neer Cader Idris.
Won't have time to sight-see. Off at the crack of dawn and home in a day.
Crack of dawn - pah !

;-)
Well 8.30am ! Then it will be dawn somewhere won't it ?

Edited by Pugugly on 20/08/2008 at 21:48

Soft southerners. I had the whippets out for a run along the canal, the ferret brushed, the pidgeons fed and watered and a black pudding butty with pint of tea down me neck this AM and still in the car for 4.00. Aye........

;-0
Exactly as I predicted - in the middle of nowhere and very wet. Nice roads and a half decent car to go there - a Mondeo 2.0 hire car. Impressive if a tad on the large size.
Impressive if a tad on the large size.

What the car or driver?

;-)

Edited by Humph Backbridge on 21/08/2008 at 17:52

typo should have been "large side."
Apols for the schoolboy humour PU. Stressy couple of days and steam appears from nowhere sometimes !

Re the Mondeo. Interested that you quite liked it. Petrol or diesel ? You know that thing ( or is it just me ? ) where it takes a while to get used to the general shape of a new model and for a while you prefer the old one ? I admit to having had that feeling from Cortinas through Sierras early Mondeo's etc.

Thing is, the new Mondeo has been around a while now. I just can't like it yet. It would have to be a stunning drive to make up for it. Maybe it is.