I have had a dream - doctorchris
I've just woken from a terrible dream (really, this is not a metaphor).
My daughter has a 2 year old 1.1 Active Panda that has given flawless service. However, in my dream it was overheating, the dealer had taken the steering wheel off and replaced it, rotated by 90 degrees, the gear change linkage was seized (and for some odd reason, rod-operated and in the boot!). In addition, the car was riddled with rust.
Pleae help me, what does this all mean. I was sober last night but had been eating very strong blue cheese!
Any other motoring dreams, we could start up a dream analysis thread.

Edited by Pugugly on 17/08/2008 at 09:52

I have had a dream - Peter D
Firstly go and check the car, if all is well go back to bed for an hour. Regards Peter
I have had a dream - Pugugly
I've had these dreams constantly since I binned the BMW - I need therapy.
I have had a dream - Alby Back
You need another BMW PU
Tell me about it.

Mrs P has territorial ambitions though - which may eat into my car fund.

Edited by Pugugly on 17/08/2008 at 10:13

I have had a dream - krs one
DoctorChris said "I was sober last night", that's your problem right there.
Cheap ones can be just as much fun, more so maybe, less worry about consequenses of......enthusiastic use !
I'm with Andy on this "I want that one"
If it itches that much, better scratch it.......

Try the, "it'll be a classic one day that one" line........." investment really"

;-)
I have had a dream - Lud
Must have been the cheese dc. Loved the dream which rang absolutely true, especially the steering wheel turned through 90 degrees and the transmission in the boot.... The rust was true though, it just hasn't set in yet. Remembering dreams when I wake up is my problem, although for some reason the bad ones tend to be clearer in the memory than the nice interesting ones.

When I was a child it used to be said that eating cheese late at night gave you nightmares, an old wives' tale I dismissed scornfully at the time. Later I realised there was something in it though, and once or twice I have eaten cheese late at night on purpose in the hope of having a dream. Didn't usually work, but it did sometimes.

Edited by Lud on 17/08/2008 at 12:54

I have had a dream - Lud
And since you suggest other motoring dreams, the one I remember, because I had it several times, was a variant of the 'falling dream' to which, I seem to remember, women are more prone than men.

I would be sitting on the front end of the roof of a double-decker bus, facing forward, nothing to hold on to, with or without some unidentified companion, the bus hurtling ever faster down a long twisting hill. In reality double decker buses don't overturn all that easily, but one's intuition was always that they ought to. At the third or fourth bend my bus in the dream would start to roll and I would start to fall off it. At first it was a relief to wake up, which I invariably did of course at that point before hitting the ground or undergrowth, but later I became rather blase about it.

Something similar happened with a childhood nightmare sequence about the threat of being eaten (and actually being eaten once). Eventually I learned to identify the dream as a dream and wake myself up. Since that time I haven't been afraid of dreaming, although fear is present in many dreams.
Done that once already today.
Any other motoring dreams we could start up a dream analysis thread.

I have recurring motoring related dream which involves a nurse, a vanilla ice cream, some strawberries and a Ferrari.

Does this count ?

;-)
Not in this Backroom it doesn't - you're confusing it with some backroom in a terraced house in Crewe.
No, if it was set in Crewe it would be based on a Calibra and Birds Dream Topping.........

Better get back to good deals on wiper blades I guess................

;-)
I have had a dream - Lud
Hey HB, this thread is about dreams (in which according to Freud any machine symbolises the male wedding tackle, any queen the mother, any king the father), not mere schoolboy fantasies about licking aioli out of a Ferrari's navel...

:o}
I have had a dream - Screwloose
I have recurring motoring related dream which involves a nurse, a vanilla ice cream, some
strawberries and a Ferrari.

If Ferrari is involved; are you sure it's not 5 nurses and set in a dungeon in Chelsea...?
I thought I had dreamed this, but no.....my new car really has spoilers on both front wiper blades. This is quite an unusual configuration, is it not ?