Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Group B
Anyone got any recent experience of this? I've done a search but the few threads found are old.

Looking at the Long Stay parking on the BAA website, is it as secure and convenient as the website says? Do the buses run on time?

Is it worth paying an extra £30 (over long stay) to use the business parking? We should (hopefully!) not be on a tight schedule time-wise.

Are the off-airport competitors any good, such as Q-park? I see most of the alternatives take your keys off you, I would prefer to park myself and keep my keys if possible.

Ive only flown from Heathrow once 8 years ago and went by train that time..

Any advice/ info appreciated,

Rich.

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 14/08/2008 at 12:43

Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Roger Jones
I always go to airports by train if I possibly can -- no driving hassle, no parking hassle, no worry about safety of the car. Unless there are exceptional factors, why not go by train again? Now that there's a good service from Paddington, memories of the Piccadilly Line crawl are long gone.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Gromit {P}
"Now that there's a good service from Paddington, memories of the Piccadilly Line crawl are long gone."

And, thanks to the Heathrow Express, the tube hasn't been too bad either when I've flown through Heathrow over the past 2-3 years. Assuming, that is, you can avoid the worst of rush hour coming out from London.

If you're not coming from London, why not get the train to Reading and catch the rail-air coach from there. There are similar services available from most main stations west of Heathrow, AFAIK.
I know what you are saying. I would consider train again myself but my fiancee is not too keen. We are coming down from Nottingham so would have to make our way to Paddington on the tube with suitcases.
On returning our flight lands at 9pm so its marginally more appealing to flop into the car than lug cases on the tube again, then train back up to Notts, then taxi home from the station..

Not thought of that rail-air coach option (to avoid the tube), I will look into that, but it may be that our own car stays the preferred option? Will have a look.

Cheers.

Edited by Rich 9-3 on 14/08/2008 at 13:10

Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - wrangler_rover
How about a combined hotel night and park deal?
The last time I flew from Heathrow was an early morning flight.
I stayed at one of the Heathrow Airport hotels the previous night, the deal was a room plus upto 8 days parking for about £135.
The parkingis in their car park so you take the keys with you and it's 10 minute bus ride from the terminals.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Pat L
Yes, I was going to suggest the hotel option. We did this a couple of weeks ago from Gatwick and a room (for 3) and 15 days parking was £135, the same as (and in some cases less than) the cost of parking alone on the privately-run perimeter car parks. Free shuttle bus to and from airport. (this was the Europa Hotel, Crawley).

Might be worth a look, especially if you have an earlyish outward flight. I haven't done this from heathrow so can't recommend a specific hotel but a google serach will throw up the options.

I know what you mean about the hassles of public transport, you just want to get into your car asap and be back in control of your travel!
Might be worth a look, especially if you have an earlyish outward flight.

Sorry I have been a bit sparse with my information. Our outbound flight is in the evening, we need to arrive at the airport at about 6pm, so a hotel room the night before our departure is not necessary.
A room on our return would be handy but I don't suppose they do these packages the other way around?! I might ring a few up..

Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Neiltoo
I think they do the accommodation at the end of the week.
In June we booked into the Heathrow Thistle, through Superbreaks for £78, room and 8 days parking. (full english breakfast was £15 each though)
Not a spectacular hotel, but adequate.

Late afternoon flight, so we spent most of the day around Windsor.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - oldnotbold
I've used Pink Elephant Parking in the past and been very happy with them. They are off airport, but seem to be big enough to have very regular shuttles.

www.pinkelephantparking.com/
Should have said there's a shuttle bus every 20mins, for £4 per head.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Wilco {P}
Try www.holidayextras.co.uk
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Niallster
Happy Days parking are generally the cheapest by some way.

Secure, 5 minute transfer and in my experience a good service.

However they take the keys and park the car themselves and the yard is next to a scrapyard and your car will be caked in dust when you return.

Wouldn't recommend it for quality vehicles but its the bangernomics choice.

Will be a coach service from Nottingham but Heathrow central bus station is the last place you want to be at night after a flight.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Roger Jones
Nottingham to St Pancras: two hours of relaxation. Taxi 15 mins to Paddington.

Return landing at 9.00 p.m., start driving at after 10 p.m. after a tiring day? No thanks. I'd find a hotel and then take another relaxing train journey home the next day.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - drbe
Airport-hotel-shop do a lot of deals for overnight stay plus parking.

www.airport-hotel-shop.co.uk/?error=noquote&airpor...g
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Ben 10
Just be aware of the off airport private car parks. They have been known, as they have your keys, to move vehicles around the pound and park up in unsecure areas or side streets due to lack of space and over booking. Causing damage and scratching to bodywork.Has been highlighted on TV. They then bring your car back in when you are due to pick up.

So if you use one, have a good look over afterwards, and reset mileage counter when you drop off. But they do state in their small print that they have your permission to move the vehicle at their convenience.
Hope you're not going today!
uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080815/tuk-computer-g...l

Heathrow is where the earth would have piles!

on our last trip back to T2 we waited 90 minutes for our luggage.
There were nine incoming flights listed for only four carouels.....
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - ForumNeedsModerating
I would consider the train/tube for the outbound jouney & pre-book a one-way rental for the return from Heathrow. Google 'one way car rental Nottinghan Heathrow' - plenty of options.
Hope you're not going today!

Luckily not! We're going in a week and a bit. Another computer glitch - good old BAA..

Had another chat with my better half last night and she is really not keen on taking the train, so car it is.
I will see if I can sort a favourable parking + overnight hotel package (in that order), if not will go for on-site long stay parking.

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments.

Cheers,

Rich.
Heathrow Airport T3 parking for 7 days? - Chas{P}
Last November I used Purple Parking.

Courtesy buses taking 15 mins run all day to all the LHR terminals. They have a huge place at Southall on the old AEC factory site. You drive directly to there. Upon arrival the car the car is photographed before you leave it in a special bay. You then check it in and get the bus. Managed to halve their standard charge by getting a discount code from a voucher code website. Cost: £40 for a fortnight.

HTH